Chapter 18

•This story takes scenes from the Harry Potter series. I want to make it clear that I don't own those scenes. That's owned by
J.K. Rowling. Thank you•

~Claire~

I sighed in relief as I finished grading the last of the essays. Usually I had Remus to help me grade them, but I offered to do it since it was a full moon.

Glancing up at the window, I noticed the sky was black, and the moon was shining brightly, but making its way down.

I let out a huff as I looked around the room in search of something to do. I wasn't tired at all, which was quite unusual for me.

I gave up after awhile and decided I'd make a lesson plan.

There wasn't any particular lesson we had to go over, as the exams were almost over. But I though I could think of something fun to do.

But that seemed to be to hard of a task, as I just stared down at the blank parchment.

And finally, I was cured of my boredom by a knock on the door.

"Come in," I called, sitting up straight.

The door opened and Albus appeared in the doorway. He seemed to hold the door open for a second before actually entering.

"Albus? What are you doing here this late?" I questioned, standing from my chair and walking around the desk. I stopped in front of the desk and leaned back on it.
"There was something I wanted to talk about," Albus stated.
"If it's about Scarlett and all of her detentions, you know I can't do much. That's all from Sirius," I laughed slightly.
"No, that's not what I came here for," Albus chuckled. "But I wouldn't mind it if you at least talked to her about that," he added.
"I would, but she's quite angry with me at the moment," I sighed.

Albus nodded slightly.

"Well what is it you came here for?" I asked.
"I wanted to ask if you've spoken to Sirius at all," Albus stated.

My eyes narrowed into a glare.

"Why would you ask me that? Of course I haven't spoken to him!" I exclaimed.
"It was merely a question," Albus defended.

I continued to glare.

"I'll be off then," Albus said, turning on his heel and walking towards the door.
"What? No! Tell me what's going on!" I exclaimed, following after him.

But I was stopped as I collided with thin air.

"Wha-"

The door closed and I was in the room alone, trying to figure out what had prevented me from getting to Albus.

"Who's there?" I questioned after concluding that nothing visible had been there to stop me.

It was silent for a moment before, "I am."

A man appeared out of thin air, a cloak falling to the ground.

His hair was much more longer and matted than I'd last seen. His face was covered with dirt, and his eyes had horrible bags under them, and appeared sunken. His clothes were also covered with dirt and looked tattered.