Chapter 50

•This story takes scenes from the Harry Potter series. I want to make it clear that I don't own those scenes. That's owned by
J.K. Rowling. Thank you•

~Fred~

"Hey, Freddie, time to get up," the familiar voice of my brother said, gently shaking my shoulder.

I groaned in response, rubbing at my eyes.

"Maybe if I just stay in bed I won't have to face my Soon-To-Not-Be-Girlfriend," I grumbled, crossing my arms over my face.

"You never know, Fred," George sighed, sitting at the end of the bed. "It could very well be something else bothering he—"

"She can't even look at me, George!" I cried out, suddenly feeling wide awake. I pushed myself into a sitting position, running a hand through my hair. "She doesn't love me, and she's gonna break up with me."

"She came in the middle of the night," George stated. "Tried to blame it on Mum but I cut her off."

I stayed quiet, thinking about his words.

"But you've gotta remember this is Scarlett we're talking about, Fred," George pointed out. "She's our best friend and she's been in love with you for as long as I remember."

"You didn't see her," I mumbled. "You didn't see how hesitant she was to say it back. She's always done it with ease, and now it's like she knows she'd be lying if she said it."

George went to say something but a knock came from the door.

"Boys, when you get ready I need you to tell everyone breakfast's ready," Mum said. "Fred, Clairesse says her and Sirius haven't been able to get Scarlett up and would like you to try."

"Oh, uh, alright," I agreed reluctantly. Mum nodded, closing the door behind her as she left.

"Good luck my dear brother," George chuckled, patting my knee. "You'll need it."

"Wow thanks," I rolled my eyes, climbing out of the bed. "You really know how to boost my confidence."

"It's a talent really," George grinned, making his way out of the room.

I grumbled to myself, making my way to the bathroom to quickly brush my teeth and pull some clothes on. Way sooner than I wanted, I was climbing up the stairs to Scarlett's room.

Taking a deep breath I knocked lightly on the door. There was no response, even after five more tries.

I dragged my hand down my face, cursing to myself. I cringed as the door squeaked open, peeking my head around the door to see if she was awake.

"Scarlett?"

The lump in the bed made no movement and I knew there was only one way she'd get up.

I pushed the door open all the way, making my way over to her bed. Her body was sprawled out and her face was scrunched up like she was uncomfortable. I knew it had something to do with our silent disagreement because I had slept the exact same way.

"Scarlett. Love." I brushed some of her hair out of her face, sucking in a breath as even her tired, disheveled face made my heart ache. She was beautiful in every way in my eyes. This was just one of my favorites. It was a face I could wake up to every morning.