Chapter 46

•This story takes scenes from the Harry Potter series. I want to make it clear that I don't own those scenes. That's owned by
J.K. Rowling. Thank you•

~Scarlett~

"Oh. My. Godric. Sirius are you seeing what I'm seeing?!" Mum squealed.

"My dear Clairesse, I think I am," Dad gasped. "Is our very own Scarlett Carina Black curling her hair?!"

"Oh sod off," I groaned.

"I'm gonna let that one slide." Mum narrowed her eyes at me. "But really, is this to impress Fred?"

I glared at them both, pointing the curling wand at them threateningly. "No. I'm simply trying it out."

"Trying it out coincidentally the day Fred's showing up?" Dad hummed in response, raising an eyebrow.

"Okay fine!" I gave up, crying out dramatically. "Yes! I would like to impress my boyfriend by actually looking decent!"

Mum laughed. "I don't think I have ever given a single thought on doing my hair to impress Sirius. You either appreciate the messy bun or you can leave."

"The holy bun," Dad chuckled.

"I know Fred doesn't mind," I sighed. "I just thought I'd try it."

"Okay, okay." Mum nodded. "We're gonna go finish lunch, but they should be here soon."

I smiled at her statement. Fred was going to be here soon! I waved as they left, quickly finishing my hair. I was wearing my light wash jeans and Fred's Quidditch jumper — which I hadn't really taken off since I've been here, other than the few times Mum forces me to wash it.

Satisfied with what I was wearing, I rushed down the stairs, just about making it to the bottom before I ran into a figure.

"Woah!" A familiar voice laughed, falling with me to the floor.

"Fred!" I exclaimed, wrapping my arms around him.

"Hey, Baby," he smiled, bringing me into a kiss.

"Out of the way lovebirds," Ginny called, walking through with her trunk.

Fred helped me to my feet, pulling me to where Ginny had gone into the dining room.

"Everyone just put their trunks upstairs! We've marked all of the doors according to whose in which room!" Mum announced. "And no, Scarlett, you can not share your room with Fred."

"Hey, Mum," Fred called, "George and I can't find our trunks."

"Your father had to proof them to make sure you weren't sneaking in any explosives." Molly glared. "Go ask him."

"Won't find them under all the cloaking spells we did," Fred whispered to me, winking as he walked away.

"Sirius is downstairs getting some extra pillows, but please try not to freak out. The constant screams and death blames he gets has started to take a toll on him," Mum sighed, smiling sadly at Molly