Chapter 30

•This story takes scenes from the Harry Potter series. I want to make it clear that I don't own those scenes. That's owned by
J.K. Rowling. Thank you•

~Scarlett~

"I wonder who Hogwarts's champion'll be..." I wondered aloud as Jeremy and I sat at Gryffindor's table waiting for the champions to be chosen.

It was Saturday and it was finally time for the Goblet of Fire to make its choices. I had skipped the feast in which Dumbledore announced the decision maker as I had a killer headache — and still do — but Katie filled me in. All morning people have been putting their names into the flaming goblet, and I even caught Fred trying to put his own name in. George was very sour about this as Fred used the potion George had made, but he got over it when he saw it backfire.

After getting no response from Jeremy, I turned to see him staring at something behind me. Turning in my seat, I saw Jeremy was staring right at the Beauxbatons girls.

"Jeremy," I scowled, waving a hand in front of his face. He jumped slightly, immediately looking away from the girls.

"Did, did you say something?" He stuttered, looking around wildly as if he forgot where he was.

"Nope," I scoffed, turning to look at the night sky. Well, the ceiling enchanted to look like the night sky. I didn't necessarily care that he was goggling at the girls, as I didn't really have any feelings for Jeremy. But Jeremy didn't know that, he thought it was a perfectly normal relationship. So it's just saying how much of a git he is that he's eyeing other girls in front of his girlfriend.

"Alright." And he turned right back to those girls!

I rolled my eyes, pushing all thoughts of guys to the back of my head and focused on the ceiling and the delicious brownies I managed to grab.

Well until they disappeared with a pop as Dumbledore rose from his seat.

Asshole.

All attention moved to Dumbledore and the Goblet of Fire sitting in the middle of the hall. Even Jeremy tore his eyes away from the girls to look at Dumbledore.

"Well, the goblet is almost ready to make its decision," said Dumbledore. "I estimate that it requires one more minute. Now, when the champions' names are called, I would ask them please to come up to the top of the Hall, walk along the staff table, and go through into the next chamber" — he indicated the door behind the staff table — "where they will be receiving their first instructions."

He retrieved his wand, waving it so that all of the candles except those inside the carved pumpkins were extinguished. The Goblet of Fire now shone more brightly than anything in the whole Hall, the sparkling bright, bluey-whiteness of the flames almost painful on the eyes.

"Any second!" Fred exclaimed. I glanced over at his excited expression, anticipation filling his eyes.

I groaned internally as thoughts of Fred filled my head for the millionth time. I just wanted to bang my head against a wall repeatedly. Anything to clear my head. I didn't want to think about how good Fred looked with the sleeves of his shirt pushed up to his forearms. I didn't want to think about how much I envy Angelina for being right next to Fred right now. And I sure as hell didn't want to keep count of how many freckles Fred had.