Chapter 38

•This story takes scenes from the Harry Potter series. I want to make it clear that I don't own those scenes. That's owned by
J.K. Rowling. Thank you•

~Scarlett~

Fred and I followed behind George, fingers intertwined.

"Did she say why we were needed?" I questioned, swinging our hands back and forth.

"Nope," George replies from in front of us. "Just said she needed you and Hermione."

I was beyond confused, but nodded along anyway. We were on our way to the library — our first idea of where Hermione could be — and we were proven correct when we heard voices behind a bookshelf.

"Oh this is no use. Who on earth wants to make their nose hair grow into ringlets?" We heard Hermione sigh frustratedly.

"I wouldn't mind," Fred said, making his presence known. "Be a talking point, wouldn't it?"

George and I both laughed, but Hermione remained frustrated. I noticed Ron and Harry sitting by her, finding Fred's comment amusing as well.

"What're you three doing here?" Ron questioned after calming himself down.

"Looking for Hermione," said George. "McGonagall wants her and Scarlett."

"Why?" Hermione asked, looking surprised.

"Dunno...she was looking a bit grim, though," Fred said.

"We're suppose to take you down to her office," George added.

"I'll meet you back in the Common Room," Hermione told Ron and Harry. "Bring as many of these books as you can, okay?"

"Right," said Harry uneasily.

This time Fred and I led the way to McGonagall's office, George and Hermione falling behind.

"Must you be all cozy while we're watching?" George groaned as Fred slung his arm around my shoulders, pulling me into him.

Fred paused in the middle of the hall and dipped me, pulling me back up and into a kiss. George groaned and Hermione cooed. My cheeks flushed but I ignored it and grinned sheepishly at the two.

"We really should get going," Hermione said after a moment.

We all nodded and continued walking. Once we got there McGonagall dismissed Fred and George and then it was just Hermione and I.

"You asked for us, Professor?" Hermione squeaked, bouncing on the balls of her feet.

"Yes, Ms. Granger." McGonagall nodded, leaning forward on her arms. "As you both know, the second task is tomorrow and you both are required in it."

"Wait what? Why?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Because part of the task is for them to acquire what means most to them," McGonagall explained. "For Mr. Potter, that is you Ms. Ben–Black. And for Mr. Krum, that is Ms. Granger."

Aw. That's kind of sweet that I mean the most to Harry.

"And what exactly will happen, Professor?" Hermione asked.