Chapter 42

•This story takes scenes from the Harry Potter series. I want to make it clear that I don't own those scenes. That's owned by
J.K. Rowling. Thank you•

~Claire~

"Sirius I have to go to this," I laughed, attempting to pry Sirius's hands off of my arm.

"But I want to go too," he whined.

"Yeah, and then when you're thrown back in Azkaban you can reconsider that."

Sirius glared at me, crossing his arms over his chest. "You're mean. I just want to see my daughter and Godson."

"And you will see them soon," I smiled, patting his head like a dog. "School's out in a week and then we have the whole summer to spend time with them."

"When will you be back?" Sirius questioned, giving up on our previous topic.

"I dunno," I shrugged. "Depends on how long it takes them to finish."

"What if Harry gets hurt?" Sirius asked, desperate for some excuse for him to come.

"Then either Dumbledore or myself will contact you and we'll sneak you in."

"What if he's nervous?"

"Then I'll comfort him."

"But what if he asks for me?"

"Then I'll bring him here quickly."

"But what if he only has a minute?"

"Sirius! He'll be fine!"

Sirius groaned in frustration.

"I really have to go, Babe," I laughed, kissing his cheek. "I have to meet him after breakfast."

Sirius grumbled in response, I waved at him as I apparated. Of course as both Lily and Camellia constantly reminded me, you can't apparate on to Hogwarts ground. So I apparated to a portkey where I was met by Molly and Bill Weasley.

"Claire," Molly nodded.

"Hi, Molly," I smiled. "Bill! How lovely to see you! It's been..well it's been ages since I've seen you. Reckon you were just five or so."

Molly nodded in confirmation, avoiding my gaze. Bill, however, smiled politely and greeted me back.

"Ms. Bennet, or do you go by Mrs. Black now?"

Molly scowled and I immediately knew what was up.

"You can just call me Claire, Bill," I stated before turning to Molly. "Molly, you know I'm not in contact with Sirius, right?"

"Of course," Molly muttered. "I'm glad too, cause that man was nothing but trouble. Never liked him never will."

I scowled by instinct, immediately wanting to stand up for Sirius. "Sirius was a kind man at one point in time. I truly loved him and you're fooling nobody by saying you never liked him."

"Aha! That sounds like something you'd say if you were still with Sirius!" Molly exclaimed. "I read about it in Witch Weekly!"