Chapter 24

•This story takes scenes from the Harry Potter series. I want to make it clear that I don't own those scenes. That's owned by
J.K. Rowling. Thank you•

~Scarlett~

The next few days of classes seemed to go by relatively quick. Other than Defense Against the Dark Arts with Professor Moody. His classes were always weird and chilling. The way his eye seemed to always be on you didn't help much too.

But today's class was probably the most frustrating one I've had with him yet. We were on the topic of Unforgivable Curses and the way he spoke of them was almost like he had experience with them.

It didn't help much when he was talking to Fred and George about the Imperious Curse and how their father knew a lot about it either. I don't know anything about it, but the way Fred and George immediately started sulking and refusing to talk to anyone did not make me happy.

But finally we were allowed to leave.

"I really hate that class," I told Alicia as we walked to the Common Room.

"I know what you mean," she started. "It's creepy."

Fred, George, and Lee waved as they went to pull a prank on a few Hufflepuffs. Fred and George still frowning as they walked off.

"And I really hate seeing Fred and George so upset," I said. I ran a hand through my hair, ignoring the ache in my chest as I watched Fred walk away.

"Yeah," Alicia nodded, looking up as we approached the portrait of The Fat Lady. "Balderdash."

The Fat Lady nodded, swinging open so we could enter.

I followed Alicia up to our dormitory, plopping myself down on my bed.

"Speaking of being upset," she started, taking a seat on her own bed, "what's going on with you and Fred?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, even though I know exactly what she means.

"I dunno. But you haven't been hanging out with the guys as much as you usually do, and every time you do it seems so awkward," she tried to explain. "And you and Fred always seem to be staring at each other."

"I-I don't know," I shrugged, my voice cracking slightly.

In all honesty, I hate this.

I hate not hanging out with Fred all the time. And I hate that it's so awkward between us. We were so close and now we can't even be in the same room without trying to avoid each other.

"Scar...did something happen?" Alicia asked, getting up to sit next to me.

My eyes stung as tears filled up in them, threatening to spill.

"He kissed me."

Alicia seemed shocked at first, but almost immediately calmed down.

"Isn't that a good thing?" she questioned.

"Not when he regrets it," I cried out, trying to stop the tears that were rolling down my cheeks.