CHAPTER 17

Chapter 17

After lunch, Dad and mum had to return to NYC to attend to some business, Chase had arrange to meet up with his friends to go clubbing and Al and Dan were going on a date, Ash had gone back to our apartment to fix his now permanent room, leaving me and Clyde. What great people they are, note the sarcasm.

We hopped into Clyde's McLaren F1 "Cookie, where are we going now?"

"Anywhere as long as it's with you beautiful."

I leaned in to whisper "Specifically?"

The visible shiver that coursed through his system was giving me that same tingly feeling again.

His eyes lit up, "Why not come to my house?"

My eyes widened with curiosity. "Really? Would that be fine? Will your mum be there? Should I go back and change into something more presentable? "

Clyde chuckled, "You are more than presentable. You are beautiful. Anyone who looks at you would fall for your charms." I grimaced.

"Be serious."

"Oh I'm serious. A hundred percent serious." I giggled as he started to pull out of the drive way.

It was a 30 minute drive before we reached Clyde's house, actually, cancel that one. More like a mansion. In the middle of the front door was a large fountain with detailed carvings at the side. Clyde parked in the front of the main-door before getting out. What? He's just parking it on the driveway?

I watched as he stepped out coming over to me and opening the door for me. I stepped out and the mansion looked impressive. A man in his fifties wearing an all black suit with a cap came to get the car keys from him, chauffeur?

We walked towards the main door as two young ladies wearing a black maid's dress opened the door for us. "Good Afternoon Mr Princeton." They looked over to me curiously and bowed slightly. "Hi!" I smiled and was returned with a warm smile of their own.

As I stepped in, I was shocked to say the least. The entire place was made up of white marble. The walls were framed up with many photos which I assume was Clyde's relatives. The entire place was massive! There were priceless paintings hung up on the wall. One I noticed was a piece by Paul Gauguin.

"Paul Gauguin?!"

"Yeah, how did you know?"

"I used to study arts. Authentic?"

"Yeah..." Wow, it must have cost a bomb. Actually not must, it would. And when I said bomb, I meant the atomic bomb.

Clyde took me around the house exploring. And I could seriously get lost in here. On the first floor, there's a two Story Entry Foyer with double Grand Stairs, Dining Room, two story living room, Family Room open to Kitchen with Bar Grotto, Breakfast Room, Den with Bar and Card Room, two story Library, Home Theatre, Exercise Room, Laundry Room, Pantry, Secondary Stair, 4 car Garage, Outdoor kitchen under the two story Porch.

And hell, that was only the first floor. I was falling in love with all the rooms! Every room was decorated with a different theme that made the house exotic and one-a-kind.

On the second floor, Master Suite with separate Master Bathroom, 3 large secondary Bedrooms with Baths en-suite, Trunk Room, Game Room, Upper Library, Rear balconies.

I finally came to Belle's room. It was not as big as the other rooms but there was a fairytale like feeling to this room. It was magical! There was a four poster bed in the middle of the room with teddy bears all around the bed. The whole floor carpeting was carpeted with thick polar beige fur. There are two bean bags lying in-front of the huge plasma TV that was now playing the movie Barbie as the island Princess. There was a bubble chair hung to the ceiling, like a swing.