A Promise in Trouble

She ran through the crowd pushing people aside and stood at once to have her heart jump out. No. No. No. This can't happen. Her Arnavji can't marry someone else. He's her husband. Only hers.

"STOP."

Her voice echoed through the huge hall and everyone, Anjali, Nani, Mami, Payal, Akash, Mamaji and all the guests turned in distress towards the girl who just now stopped Arnav Singh Raizada from remarrying his wife on their wedding anniversary, his wife Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada...or shall we say her lookalike? Because the one standing outside the mandap was the real Khushi. Her husband had no idea he was going to marry his wife's lookalike.

She walked further up onto the mandap making the girl in the bridal attire gulp and stare her wide-eyed. How could she escape!?

Khushi - Stop this wedding. This is not Khushi. I am Khushi! This is my lookalike. She kidnapped me, did my plastic surgery and wants to take my place.

Everyone stood there shocked gasping out loud at her declaration. Was that happening for real?

Arnav - Whoever you are, are you out of your mind!? SECURITY!!!

Khushi - No. Arnavji, please believe me. Please Arnavji.

The guards dragged her towards the door despite her struggles. She cried desperately asking him to believe her and not go ahead with this marriage. She saw the smirk on that girl's face as she eyed her viciously while her Khushi's own husband tied a manglasutra around that girls neck.

"NOOOOOOOOOO. ARNAVJI, I AM THE REAL KHUSHI! ARNAVJI!!!"

He opened his eyes waking up with a jerk and looked at the woman on his side, yelling in her sleep.

Arnav - Khushi!? Hey, Khush, wake up!

He shook her awake and stared her anxiously.

Arnav - Kya hua? Tum theek ho? Dreamt bad?

She took a second to register his face and within the next second she got up on the bed to sit and hit him on his chest.

Arnav - What the. What are you doing?

He held onto her wrists to stop her from beating him up.

Khushi - You Laad Governor, you, how dare you marry someone else? I am Khushi! Can't you feel it?

Arnav - What crap? I know you are Khushi! What are you talking about?

She frowned and now only looked around to take in her environment. She was in their bedroom and he was beside her, there was no mandap and no lookalike. It wasn't real. It was just a dream. She took a deep breath letting her shoulders fall.

He left her wrists and pulled her onto his chest instead. She held him tight as he lovingly stroked her silky long hair.

Arnav - Khush, whatever it was, it was just a dream. Relax. Calm down.

Khushi - You know, I dreamt that you were marrying my lookalike. She kidnapped me, did my plastic surgery to change my face so you can't recognize me and took my place in your life. You married her. You went on to marry her. I cried and yelled but you didn't listen to me. The guards dragged me out. You married someone else.

She angrily pouted like a child and hit his chest with her small fists. He withdrew her lightly away from his chest looking at her not so pleased.

Arnav - Kidnapping and plastic surgery!? Marriage with your lookalike!? That's it! Dare you watch any daily soap from now on. This is all that bullshit from those stupid serials you watch.

Khushi - What the. You're just putting all the blames on my serials when it's you who married my lookalike. This is your love!? Limited to my face!?

He looked at her in disbelief. Was if for real, her blaming him for what happened in her dream?

Arnav - You. are. totally mad!

He tapped his finger on her temple making her widen her jaw. How dare this Laad Governor declare her mad? Once again!

Khushi - Laad Governor, just shut up and promise me one thing. If one day you are marrying someone with my face and there comes a girl claiming she's Khushi and the one with my face is my lookalike, then you will listen and won't marry that girl. Understand?

It took him a minute of staring her with astonishment before finally taking a deep breath.

Arnav - First of all, am not going to marry you again because we are already married! Am not going to do the fuckall happening in your stupid daily shows. And secondly, what if one day some girl comes and claims to be the real Khushi and you being her lookalike? Won't the promise backfire?

Khushi - Why would she do that?

Arnav - ...For money!?

She bit her underlip now losing herself into thoughts. He was right. She was demanding from him to trust someone blindly who claims to be Khushi. If that really happens while she is the real Khushi, she'll lose her husband to that girl. No! Never.

Khushi - Ok plan cancelled. No, plan changed. This time, you will listen to both of the girls and most importantly, you won't sleep with any of them until it's clear who is the real Khushi. Promise.

Arnav - But what if I've already slept with the wrong Khushi, because she looks like you and I think it's you!?

Once again she stared him dumbfounded. The possibility of him sleeping with someone else, No! Never.

Khushi - Ok, then let's do one thing. Everytime you come close to me, you'll say 'Rakshas loves you'. And if I don't reply with 'Sundari loves her Rakshas too' you will keep one foot distance from that girl and call the police. Because that's not me.

In the meanwhile, he was actually amused and enjoyed messing up with her plans now.

Arnav - Ok. But what if it's role reversal? What if someone takes on my place?

She widened her eyes in horror. Even the thought of someone else except of her own Arnavji touching her was unbearable. She fell back on the bed with her hand on her head. She's seen it, in the daily soaps. People trying to take place of some other person with the help of plastic surgery.

Khushi - Hey DM!

Arnav chuckled at his baffled wifey and also laid down now but without any distance between the two. He kissed her lips while she still lay there distressed and horrified.

Arnav - Stop thinking about all this. This is real life, not some logic-less daily soap. This Rakshas of yours loves his Sundari.

A content smile appeared on her mouth as she opened her eyes and saw him while he placed kisses on her forehead, nose, cheeks and chin

Arnav - None can ever enter my life and claim to be you. She could even have your face, but not your voice, your style, your personality...your body.

He pulled apart and ran his hand inside her kurti, making her giggle.

Arnav - I know your body more than you. I know each and every mole on your body, every little mark...nobody can ever fool me, know that!

She heaved sensually as he trailed kisses along her nape. But before he could go further, she pulled him up into her arms.

Khushi - I'll stop watching those stupid serials! I'd always know the difference between you and someone else too. After all, nobody can be as much a Rakshas as you. But you are only my Rakshas!

He raised his brows as she giggles and locked their lips into a kiss.