After 6 Years

Isn't it strange how things change all of a sudden leaving you pondering for the rest of your life? Sometimes I think Devi Maiyya played very unfair, that I don't deserve all of this. From more than seven billion people on this earth, what did I do to get everything I have today. How could I end up living like this? Me, Khushi Kumari Gupta! Now Singh Raizada!

This was not what I had ever wanted or even thought of. Back then in Lucknow I had always dreamt about marrying an ordinary but a nice man. I'd wake up early in the morning, make breakfast for everyone, make my husband wear his coat and he'd leave placing a kiss on my forehead. The day would pass with me doing all household chores while listening to my Sasuma's taunts and then calling Jiji to complain about each other's in-laws. In the evening when me and my husband would return to bedroom after a tiring day, I'd protest to him jokingly about his mother in order to seek attention.

But dreams never come true, right? Here in Raizada Mansion my life is nothing like that. And I complain about it to my husband, that Laad Governor.

"Khushi, I don't know what your problem is. What do you want?"

When will he understand that I just want to talk, nothing more. I want him to pamper me with few loving words, but every moment we share somehow ends with one thing.

"Why do I feel like you just don't love me anymore and just want my body?"

"Maybe because it's true."

"What the."

I can't help but smile. Even after that he had pecked my lips leaving me dumbstruck. I may complain about it to him a lot but the truth is, I love it whenever he cleverly steals kisses from me. But I will never ever admit it to him of course. That's the essence of our relationship I feel. He can't talk much about feelings but his small kissing gestures are his confessions.

"You stop kissing me every now and then. My husband in my dreams didn't do that. Already I can't do a lot of things I wanted to. I can't complain to Jiji about my evil Saas. Those Saas Bahu serials clearly give you false expectations. Nobody does the plotting against me here in order to get rid of me."

I was surprised when he didn't react to that. I had expected him to laugh at me. But he was just staring me with a smile, lost into admiring me. He may not be a good listener but I don't mind because I know he's all into me only.

The only thing that irks me about my husband is that he forgets important days when it comes to our relationship. Never will he forget when he is having which meeting in a month but dare you expect him to remember our anniversaries. Six years ago in a day I fell into this Laad Governor's arms. He didn't let me fall that day, that rude gentleman!

"Guess, who's up and hungry?"

Is that Arnavji's voice? Oh, I was so busy in thoughts I didn't even realize my baby woke up. Just look at him, the way he holds our daughter. Since the day she's born he's been handling her like a fragile doll of glass and pampering her with branded things. She who had no idea that she even existed wore a branded baby blue dress worth two lakhs on her 1st month birthday. Yes! We cut a cake on her monthly birthdays too. Guess whose idea that was?

"Arnav bhaiya, yeh Aarushi baby ka dudh."

"Ok. Did you sterilise the bottle before?"

"Ji Arnav bhaiyya."

Who would have thought that Arnav Singh Raizada would turn out to be the best Dad in the world? After Di adopted a cute little baby, Arnavji agreed to have one too. He had been a great Mama to his niece. Had Jiji and Jijaji been in Delhi when Ansh was a baby, Arnavji would have changed his mind earlier already. When Di adopted the sweet few months old Aanya, the whole family in love with that angel including my husband. He would sometimes even neglect work to spend some time with his niece. Di was so delighted over the fact and even more when we told her about our pregnancy. She's changed so much but her love for us remained the same. From bringing up a child to running an NGO singlehandedly, she has come out so strong. And especially Arnavji is very happy to see his Mother like sister standing on her feet and leading a life without relying on a man. Yet we are always there to support her through thick and thin.