Convincing Arnavji

The door opened and he looked up to see his wife finally found the way back to their room. The bright smile on her face indicated her happiness.

Khushi - Arnavji, guess what's this?

She waved an envelope in the air. He could have just asked a simple what but chose to annoy her.

Arnav - Your invitation to the annual former mental asylum patient reunion?

Khushi - Hawww, shut up! Preetika invited us to her daughter's first birthday.

Arnav - But she already had a first birthday!?

Khushi - That was her son's first birthday! 3 years ago.

She flared her nose at him keeping her hands on her hips. Arnav just nodded continuing to water the plants.

Khushi - Preetika already has two children, Jiji is expecting her second-

Arnav - So?

He knew what was coming, so already interrupted her in not so happy tone. She shot daggers at him flaring her nose and walked over to him.

Khushi - So? So it's me with no child at all! All people look at me suspiciously. I'm the elder bahu and it's been 5 years, yet I have no child. Everyone who comes over or I meet anywhere randomly just asks when I'm going to give them the good news. They all don't know that it's you who doesn't want any children.

Arnav - I told you multiple times already stop giving a fuck about other people. Whenever and if we plan a child is none of their matter.

Khushi - But I want a child Arnavji. I want to be pregnant and have my own baby.

Arnav - Khushi, we've talked about this thousand times already, no pregnancy, no baby!

Khushi - Fine. Then let me tell you Laad Governor, from now on, dare you come close to me. We won't be doing IT anymore what you want to do every second day because it's for reproduction purposes. I won't get what I want, you won't get what you want.

She stamped her foot on the ground leaving an enraged Arnav behind.

* * *

"What the fuck!?"

He entered the room to see infant posters and photos hanging all around on the walls of their room.

Khushi - Mind your language in front of babies at least.

His eyes wandered to his wife making an entry through the french window. He kept his laptop bag and coat on the bed turning to her.

Arnav - Do you really think you'll change my mind with these wallpapers?

Khushi - I don't want to change your mind. It's just for my own satisfaction. If I can't have a baby of my own, I can admire babies on pictures at least. Wake up and sleep looking at them. Just for myself.

Arnav - Get rid of all these. Now!

She gulped taking a step back as he took a step ahead angrily. But of course she wasn't one to give up and let this LG have his way, again.

Khushi - No. This room is as much mine as yours hence I will decorate it the way I want.

Arnav - Flowers, show pieces, this bed, the paint, that cupboard, those shelves, those photos, everything is decorated they way you wanted. But I WON'T tolerate these posters, you got it!?

She grit her teeth in response to his deadly glare.

Khushi - Fine Laad Governor. But I then I won't tolerate any of your-.