First Meeting Anniversary

'Guess what's today?'

Khushi looked at her husband unenthusiastically for she had to avert her eyes from her phone to him. He slipped closer to her and gently tucked a hair strand behind her ear.

She narrowed her eyes at that look in his eyes. She knew it too well. But she wanted him to speak, to listen to what he's got to say.

Arnav - It's our anniversary.

His smile won't fade away as he declared it happily and kept her hand on her shoulder which she shrugged off.

Khushi - It's not. Our anniversary is in 4 months yet.

Arnav - You don't remember? Wow, usually it's me who forgets all the important dates. This time the tables have turned.

She frowned pondering over all the important dates and days of their married life. It was just a usual day.

Arnav - It's the 6th June Khushi. We first met that day.

She opened her mouth in half gasp now getting it and smiled a bit but then as soon he rested his hand on her stomach and leaned forward she pushed him away.

Arnav - What the-

Khushi - No nothing! You keep taking some random anniversaries as excuses to make love. This is not the only way to celebrate an anniversary.

He steadied himself on his side and nodded in denial at his wife's behaviour.

Arnav - This is exactly how a couple celebrates their anniversaries!

Khushi - No. It's not. And now shut up and let me check through facebook.

He gritted his teeth as she went back to through her newsfeed. Ever since she discovered Facebook and Instagram, she's become addicted. She'll check it first thing in the morning and last thing at night. Even sex wasn't important to her sometimes. And it irritated him.

Arnav - What the hell Khushi. Stop wasting time on these stupid apps. If not for celebration, then at least as your wifey duty-

Khushi - Oh great. My duty! Of course, pleasing my husband in every way is my duty, right?

She put on a sarcastic smile before fading it away and flaring her nostrils.

Khushi - This is not the middle age anymore. I'm an equal partner in this marriage and have all the rights to deny you whenever I don't want to sleep with you. Nothing is my duty! The only duty I have is towards me and my self-respect.

He raised one brow at her and pouted his face in an adorable smile. The feminist pages on Facebook she follows have their effect on her, from time to time and only in front of him. Never ever does she talk back in front of the family. That time she's only the perfect Raizada babu. Only inside their bedroom she's his feminist wife. And to be true, he was proud of her for seeing her self worth and finally letting go of her thinking that husband is God and all that bullshit.

Arnav - Ok, not as a duty but for love's sake. Come on.

He leaned ahead and spoke huskily in her ear while nuzzling his nose in her neck. Irritated, she pulled back more to the other side of the pillow.

Khushi - Arnavji, just keep quiet! It's 12:30. You have to go to office tomorrow, so sleep. Good night.

She pulled the quilt on him and turned her back to him. He saw her clearly not pleased with this treatment and clenched his hands in fist wanting to smash her phone on the wall.

So he switched off the light of his side and laid down to sleep in anger while she stayed for a while on Insta before dozing off.

*