ix

Jennie Gabe

"No f*cking way." She mumbled.

"What?" I asked obliviously while I'm trying to find what she's looking at.

"Look who's with Zayn." She said then nodded to the direction she's looking at.

When I saw Zayn, all I saw that he's with is Gigi and a brown curly-headed guy.

"Who's that?" I asked then drink my gin.

"It's Harry Styles, one of Zayn's client." She answered and when I looked at her, she blushed at the mention of the name.

"You have a crush on him." I said that made her widen her eyes.

"N-no. I--- He's---" She stuttered that made me chuckled.

"Yup, you have." I said then chuckled. "Come on, drink up! If you drink, maybe you'll have enough courage to talk to him." I said then she nodded and drank her gin. 

The bartender walked to us again. "Jennie, boss is looking for you." He said that made me furrowed my eyebrows.

"Oh, okay. Could you keep my friend company? And give her any drinks she wants, all on me." I said and he just nodded. "Kim, someone wants to talk to me, I'll be right back." I told her then she nodded.

"You know where to find him."

The bartender shouted when I stood up and walked.

"Yup!" I shouted back. 

I went through the sea of sweaty bodies dancing then went to the backstage where I know I would find my boss. When I got in the backstage, I saw Lisa, Jisoo and Rosé, my fellow performers holding our pink mics and wearing ear pieces. I ran to them and they all greeted me with a squeal.

Then one of the staffs gave me a pink mic and an ear piece.

"Wait, what? We're performing now?" I asked.

"Yeah." Jisoo answered.

"You didn't know?" Lisa asked me that I responded with a shake of my head. 

"Jennie!" I heard our boss called me from the back. I turned around and crossed my arms to him.

"Boss." I coldly said.

"Okay. I'm sorry I didn't inform you but it's because I know you'll deny the offer!" He defended that made me scoffed. "Please! Mr. Malik requested, well more like commanded, us to make you perform. I know you don't like sudden performances like this but we really need Mr. Malik's payment! His payment could save the Party People, Jen!" He begged.

"Accept it, Jennie. We'll be performing with you no matter what anyways." Rosé said while she clung her arm around mine.

"FINE!" I said, feeling defeated. They rejoice while I wear my earpiece. 

Our boss went to the stage and introduced us. Then the staffs prepare the chairs that we're going to sit on and then we went on stage.

I could feel Zayn, mom, Kim and the rest of the people's eyes on me! Sh*t. I'm just going to ignore them and sing so I won't mess anything up.

As soon as we stopped singing, we exited the stage while the crowd is still giving us a round of applause and standing ovations. We arrived at the backstage and our boss hugged us each.

"Ahh! I love you girls!" He said.

"You owe us a lot, boss!" Jisoo said. They continue to talk while I find my way back to the bar where I left Kim.

I was glad when I saw her talking to the curly-headed guy that she has a crush on but suddenly the glad that I felt turned to regret when I saw Zayn with him. I was about to go back to the backstage when the curly-headed guy with emerald eyes caught mine. He elbowed Zayn then pointed at me. Zayn caught my eyes and gestured me to come to them so I have no choice but to go.

I sat on my chair earlier and tap the bar three times to get the attention of the bartender. He nodded, knowing he already knows what I wanted. The bartender came back with the drink I wanted.

"Another great performance, Jen." He said as he hand me my drink.

"Thank you." I thanked him then took a sip from my gin.

"You were great there, Jennie." Zayn complimented me but I just ignored him. "Anyways, this is Harry Styles." He introduced him to me then pat his shoulder.

I looked at him and nodded but then he grabbed my hand and kissed the back of my palm.

"A beautiful and talented lady like you deserves a formal introduction." A different kind of British accent was heard from his voice then he smiled at me.

I fake a smile to him and harshly pulled my hand from his and turned my back to him.

"Feisty." He mumbled but loud enough for me to hear.

"I know." Zayn commented.

"I need to go to the bathroom." Kim said and I was about to say something when 'Harry' interrupted me.

"I'll go with you." He said.

Kim stood up and walked first then Harry guided him by placing a hand on her lower back. Now it's me and Zayn.