xxviii

Zayn Malik

I waited for a few minutes and I stood up from my swivel chair. I exited my office and jogged all the way up to Jennie's room. I opened her door a little bit and peeked to checked on her. She's laying on her bed while her speaker is blasting some familiar music. She covered her face and started to sing the song that was playing.

"You say you're sorry, but it's too late now!" She sang beautifully that made me smiled.

I closed her door silently and walked downstairs. I went back to my office and sat on my swivel chair. I opened my laptop and went to my e-mail and saw Kayla sent me something.

Subject: Jennie Gabe

Mr. Malik, here are the information I've researched about Ms. Jennie Gabe.

Ahh, yes! I remember I did make her research about Jennie, explains why she knows her when she came to my work. I sat quietly and continued to read the e-mail I've received.

Birth Name: Jennie Gabe

Nickname: Nini, Jen

Birth date: January 16, 1996 (age 22)

Birth place: Los Angeles, California

Occupation: Model

Height: 163 cm (5' 4")

Weight: 50 kg (110 lbs)

Blood type: B

Agency: YGBP Models

Additional Facts:

- She is fluent in Korean and English and can speak a little bit of Japanese.

- She is described as being jolly and cheerful.

- She dislikes disrespectful people.

- Her favorite food is milk flavored ice cream.

- She becomes happy when she is with her friends.

- Her favorite color is black & pink.

- She becomes sleepy when she has nothing to do.

- She becomes relaxed when she sings.

- Her favorite artist is Dua Lipa.

- Her favorite song is 'New Rules' by Dua Lipa.

- She considers herself a 'die-hard Dua's love'.

- In an interview, she said that she prefers sexy guys rather than cute guys.

- Jennie said she had never been in love.

- Jennie's ideal type: Someone who is a hard worker.

I finished reading the e-mail so I closed my laptop and intertwined my fingers on my laptop.

Dua Lipa, huh? That's why the song is familiar. It's 'IDGAF'.

I thought of what to do so I can cheer her up from what happened to her. I smirked at my decision and grabbed my phone. I unlocked it and dial his number.

~~~~~~~~~~

I exited my room and walked down to the kitchen. I grabbed a glass and opened the fridge to get the pitcher of water. While I was pouring water on my glass, Kim showed up.

"Kim, d'you know where Jennie is?" I asked while I put back the pitcher in the fridge and closed it.

"She's in the living room, watching." She answered me while I drank my water. "She's kinda avoiding you..." She said that made me furrow my eyebrows.

Good thing I drank the water or else I could've spat it all on her.

"What? Why?" I asked while I placed the glass on the sink.

"Why not ask her?" She asked.

"You said it yourself, she's avoiding me. How will I ask her that?" I asked.

"Do you want to her to avoid you?"

"No!" I answered immediately.

"Well then try to talk to her even if she pushes you away!" She said.

"What Zayn wants, Zayn works hard for it, remember?" She asked me that made me chuckled.

She shrugged before leaving me in the kitchen. I shook my head in disbelief before going to the living room. I saw Jennie laying on the couch while watching the telly. I walked to her and sat beside her. She was going to move further from me but I stopped her by wrapping my arm around her waist. She tried to remove my arm but I tighten my grip.

"Zayn!" She whined.

She looked at me with furrowed eyebrows before speaking. "What the f*ck?!!"

"Are we okay?" I asked her. She blinked a few times before scoffing.

"There's a we?!" She asked bitterly.

"Jen..." I tried to start but she cut me off.

"Zayn, me and my mom are okay now. Which means we should stop whatever we called this. My mother would hate us if she finds out..."

Now it's my turn to cut her off. "If she finds out. Besides, we have to continue this for the public. Mind you, everyone knows that you're my girlfriend, not Evelyn. And Evelyn approves with my idea so you have to be with me no matter what." I explained that made her quiet.

She pouted her lips, leaned on the back of the couch and ignored me. I smirked at myself when I saw her reaction. I stared at her lips and can't help myself to kiss it. She squealed at first but kissed me back anyways. I put my other leg on her side and straddled her lap.

Our heated snogging is interrupted by a loud bang from the front door. I groaned before getting up from Jennie's lap and walked to the front door. I felt Jennie followed me behind so I pulled her hand and intertwined our fingers. I opened the door, revealing the Liam, Niall and Harry.

"THE F*CK! DON'T YOU KNOW HOW TO KNOCK PROPERLY?!" I asked in frustration.

"Woah. Sorry, mate." Liam apologized.

"What d'you need?" I asked them.

"D'you forgot?" Niall asked.

Ahh, sh*t!

"Yeah, yeah. I remember..." I added. I looked behind to find Louis but I couldn't find him. "Where's Lou?"

"He couldn't go. He visited his sisters at Doncaster." Harry answered.

I looked back at Jennie so I cupped her cheeks and spoke. "Sorry, love but I need to work. I'll be right back though." I explained.

"No, it's okay. Take your time. Enjoy there." She said then smiled at me.

I kissed her forehead and bid goodbye to her.

***** Words from Queen Ari! Really salute her for her interview with TIME magazine... 🙌👏🙌 *****