We Were So Close Yet So Far

(Y/n) pov
Black figures spread across the castle walls and the ground surrounding us.

"What the fuck are those things," Frank yelled while jumping on my shoulders.

"Frank get off of me."

I squirmed trying to throw Frank off of me but it was no use.

"Guess he isn't a fan of the other covens," Gerard growled as his eyes turned a dark shade of red.

So that's what these black masses are. The other vampires.

Y'know, the ones that want to rip us to pieces and feast on our flesh.

"Frank, i think now is the time to fight, not sit on my shoulders," i snapped.

"Those fuckers followed us the whole way here," Mikey chuckled, "big mistake."

"I bet it was Bob," Frank snarled jumping off of my shoulders.

"Well i hope they are prepared to fucking die," i spat.

Before i knew it i had long claws.

The vampires from the other coven quickly took a few steps backwards.

I had large, feathered, black wings.

The black masses were more formed and coloured than before. They were slowly gaining colour and it was becoming easier to make out faces and features such as sharp teeth and fur.

Wait.

Fur?

"I thought this was another vampire coven," I laughed while falling on the ground.

"Yeah i did too, but they still want to kill us," Frank hissed, "get off of the ground."

"Nah, they are kinda fucking cute," i smiled standing up and walking towards one of the creatures.

"Sugar, what are you doing," Gerard grabbed my wrist, pulling me away from the creatures.

"Gee, baby, i need you to trust me when i do reckless things," i whispered against his lips, "you can't stop me from doing this. I am doing this to help us, just watch."

He let go of my hands and allowed me to walk back to the creatures surrounding us.

They no longer looked angry, maybe a little confused.

"Aw what a cutie," i gushed as i started petting the monster closest to me.

It immediately surrendered under my touch.

"How in the fuck did you do that," Ray stared confused.

"These things are just like dogs," I smiled, "pet them and they will fight for your life."

"That's all it takes," Frank snorted, "treat it like a fucking dog."

"I guess," i shrugged.

"Wait," Gerard paused, "did you know that they would surrender like that?"

"No, not at all," I smirked in response, "sometimes you just gotta takes risks."

I slowly walked in the castle, the animalistic creatures fleeing into the line of trees behind us.

The boys followed slowly behind and took in the interior of the place.

It was black and red, just like the outside. Maybe a bit more, clean? I wouldn't call it clean in the least.

More, organised.

It just looked better than the outside.

There were still vines growing through the holes from outside. There were water stains on the walls and peeling black paint.