I Will Protect You

Gerard's pov

(Y/n) was still sleeping, head on my chest, legs intertwined with mine.

She looked so peaceful, yet so hurt.

I hope the guys are okay.

They've been gone for a few days and i have no way to contact them. I left my bag at the castle just incase they ran out of blood, and i was in such a hurry that I didn't realise that my phone was still in the bag.

I haven't memorised their numbers, nor do i have any other phone to call them from.

Fuck land lines.

And phones with no cell service.

I had an extra phone, but it was super shit and doesn't even send texts.

Maybe they found the books about Andy.

Maybe they already know what (y/n) is.

Maybe they are on their way back now.

Maybe they are fighting other covens.

What if they don't make it back alive.

I wanted so bad to go downstairs, into the kitchen, to make a nice hot cup of coffee, but i don't want to leave (y/n) here alone. She thought i was going to leave her right after we got back.
What if she wakes up and I'm not here beside her and she thinks i left.

I pulled the blankets up further around us, hoping that i may find peace of mind and fall back to sleep.

No luck.

I can't lose my thoughts.

It sucks sometimes.

Well most of the time.

Too bad i have to live with them forever.

•••

I felt (y/n) moving slowly within my warm embrace.

She's waking up.

"Hi," she spoke softly.

She buried her face into my chest and smiled.

I wonder if she knows I've been awake almost all night.

"Why haven't you been sleeping," she yawned and gripped my shirt with her fragile hands.

"How do you know I haven't been sleeping?"

"I just know."

"You haven't been sleeping either, have you?"

"What," she shrieked, "of course i have."

"You've also been watching me while I wasn't paying attention, weren't you," i smirked as i rested my hands on her waist.

A blush spread quickly onto her face turning it a light shade of pink.

She covered her face with her hands, "no I wasn't."

"There's no need to feel embarrassed Sugar," i whispered, "it's kinda cute."

"I have not been avoiding sleep to watch you Gee, i have been sleeping all night."

"You're hot," i kissed her on the head.

"Gee please stop," she smiled.

"Sorry, i just think you look adorable when you blush."

"I'm not blushing" she laughed, "You're just lying to yourself."

"Am not."

"Are too."