Chapter 9

Kiestin's POV:

I woke up and out of habit I tried to sit up and stretch. Let's just say that didn't go well. There were pains going through my left side like crazy. They wouldn't stop either.

I laid still not wanting to wake up Tatiana. It was 8:00 in the morning and I didn't want her getting up because of me.

I was laying there trying to get the pain to ease. The ice Tatiana gave me last night was not cold anymore. Sadly the pain never eased up so I had no choice, but to wake Tatiana up.

"Tatiana." I croaked her name out. I was so thirsty.

She didn't move.

"Tatiana please wake up." I said it a little louder and this time I heard a groan come from her mouth.

I sighed and I saw her slowly get up and I think she had forgotten about me, because when reality hit her, her eyes widened. "CRAP!! KIESTIN ARE YOU OKAY?!" She ran over to me.

"Y-yes I'm just sore Tia." I gave her a fake smile.

"Kiestin don't pull that with me. I know you're lying to me and your in a lot of pain." She put her hands on her hips glaring at me.

"What gave it away?"

"Probably the fact your barely breathing and holding your side. You want some medicine?" She put her hands down and placed one on my shoulder.

"Please Tia." I gave her a pleading face.

"Sure thing girl. I'll be right back." She winked and walked out to grab some medicine.

I laid there and I picked up the note The Hunter left me. I just read it over and over. Four words kept replaying through my mind. "Third and final time" he will find me there's no doubt about it.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when my phone rang. I grabbed it off my nightstand and looked at the caller ID. It was Rick. My eyes widened.

I could barely talk which sucked, but I answered it anyway.

"H-hello?" I was trying to sound as normal as possible.

"Kiestin are you okay? You've missed 2 days of work and didn't call me to let me know. Something's up I know there is." I heard concern in his voice.

"I'm f-fine Rick. I promise. I-I do need to tell you something though." I was beginning to get nervous.

"Yes Sweety?

"I-I have to quit." Tia walked in right as I said that. I was starting to tear up. I loved my job and Rick. He was like an older brother.

"Kiestin what's going on? Please tell me. Do I need to come check on you?"

"NO! I mean no. I'm fine Rick. There have just been some things that have popped up and I have to quit. I'm so sorry. I understand if you hate me." A tear ran down my cheek.

"Oh okay Kiestin. I hope everything is alright and you know I'm here for you. You're like my little sister. I will miss having you around the shop. I love you Kiestin." I could tell he was hurt because I wasn't telling him something.

"I know you are and thanks. I love you too Rick. I have to go. Bye. I'll miss you." I was starting to breathe heavier.

"Alright by Sweety."

We both up hung up and Tia came over and sat by me.

"Why'd you quit Kiestin?" She gave me a sad look.

"Tatiana you know as well as I do this guy will find me again and I won't be coming back." I held back my tears even though you could see them at the brim of my eyes.

"Kiestin you do-" I cut her off.

"Yes, Tia I do. You do to. I know you do. You're just not wanting to face reality."

She looked down. "I brought you some medicine." She handed me the medicine.

"Thanks." I knew she changed the topic because I was right, but I was going to let it go.

I took the medicine and Tia had also brought me more ice.

"Okay I'm going to look up some breathing exercises for you." She grabbed her laptop and began typing things in.

"Tatiana I don't want you getting hurt."

She looked at me confused. "What do you mean Kiestin?"

"You're not sleeping in here anymore. I won't let that happen. I don't want you getting hurt, or killed at that." I looked at her as she stared back.

"But Kie-" I cut her off.

"No Tia. No buts. I will let you stay here at my house with me, but you're not staying in here. Of this Hunter guy finds out you know then he'll kill you and I won't let that happen."

She just nodded and looked back at the computer.

We sat in silence as she searched for breathing exercises for me to do.

I just kept thinking about a bunch of different possibilities and options that could happen to me. This guy meant business. I didn't do anything to him. He just wants to treat me horribly. If only I wouldn't have went to the club that night then I would be living my somewhat happy life.

If only I didn't have so many regrets.

If only...

________________________

Sorry it's a short chapter guys! I'm really busy! I'm also trying to update as much as possible tonight due to me having a lot going on next week. I love you all and appreciate all your funny and sweet comments. They make me laugh and smile! (: which I really need right now. I love you all!

10 votes and 5 comments for chapter 10!

Much Love!!💜💜

-belieber4ever_08-

Comment

Vote

Share