Chapter 19

Drake's POV:

"You can't have her back."

"Excuse me?" I could hear the anger in Jason's voice rise.

"I hate repeating myself, but if I must. You. Can't. Have. Her. Back." I was more stern this time.

"Drake you better just be talking about temporarily. You can't take away my girl." Jason was fuming. I could just tell by his tone.

"No, Jason I'm keeping her permanently. You messed her up! I don't know how she even survived. Jason she's already freaked out once because of you and you should see the damage you've caused. You don't deserve to have her back. I'm buying her from you. How much do you want for her?"

The line went silent a second.

"I'll be over there in a few minutes. You better be ready, because if things don't go my way there will be problems Drake."

Before I could respond he hung up on me.

"Eric, Klyde, Josh, Meeting NOW!" I yelled this then headed to the meeting room. I called my top 3 guys to be prepared for when Jason gets here.

When they got in there they were confused. I usually only call meetings when we have a mission, and this time isn't a mission.

"Boys. McCann will be here in a few minutes. I want you three to have my back in case he tries something, ONLY if he tries something."

"Is it because of your girl you have Drake?" Eric interrupted.

"Yes Eric. Now Klyde since you are the strongest out of you three I want you in the room with me at all times. Got it?" I'm not scared of Jason and I definitely could whoop him. I just want him to seem threatened.

"Eric, Josh I want you two to hang out in the hallway. Do NOT come out unless you hear a gunshot or I yell for you. Understood?" They both nodded at me.

"Alright let's go! He should be here anytime. Klyde let's go."

Klyde and I were heading for the living room when I heard the door burst open and an angry Jason stormed into the living room before us. He wasn't alone either. He brought his right hand man, Kendrick.

"Jason please have a seat." I approached him calmly hoping to avoid conflict. For Kiestin's sake.

Jason grabbed me and shoved me against the wall. "Oh don't pull that crap Drake! I suggest you bring Kiestin to me now or there will be major problems."

Okay now I was starting to get mad and you don't want to see me mad.

"Jason." I took a deep breath then continued. "I can't bring her to you. She can't even walk! She is barely breathing and alive. I had to do a frickin 2 1/2 hour surgery on her! She had a punctured lung and I had to rebreak some of her ribs!"

Jason let go and I'm pretty sure I saw hurt in his eyes. His mood even changed.

He looked down at the floor mumbling, "Let me see her."

I sighed and walked in the direction of the stairs to my medical room. Jason, Klyde, and Kendrick following behind.

I got to her door and stopped. "Klyde, Kendrick you're going to have to stay out here. I don't want to overwhelm her."

They stepped to side and I opened the door letting Jason go in first and me following and shutting the door behind us.

Kiestin was still asleep peacefully in the bed.

Jason slowly walked over to her. "I did this...to her?"

I walked over and stood beside Jason. "Yeah you did. You're seriously messed up."