Chapter 17

Kiestin's POV:

I woke up to an empty bed. What? Where's Jason?

I try to sit up, but I realize I can't. I just relax and think about last night. Did that actually happen?

It seemed like it was too good to be true. I mean Jason is a criminal he wouldn't just change his mood like that.

But then again maybe it was true and actually did happen. Just have to wait and see I guess.

Next thing I know Jason walked in with someone. I had never seen him before. He looked tough, yet gentle. He had jet black hair and had a pretty nice tan. His eyes were green. He even looked a little older then Jason. He was gorgeous.

I was interrupted when Jason spoke.

"Kiestin this is Drake. He's the gang doctor."

I knew I had dreamed about Luke and Jason actually caring for me. That would never happen.

Jason was wearing black sweatpants and a white cut off. He was shirtless and a lot better looking in my dream.

"Hi Kiestin, I'm Drake as Jason said." Drake brought a chair over next to the bed and sat down.

"Kiestin you will respect Drake got it? You're lucky I'm actually getting you a doctor. This doesn't change anything though." I looked away from Jason.

Jason sat at the very edge of the end of the bed.

"Alright then. Well Kiestin I need to see your side. Jason tells me he broke some of your ribs." Drake glared at Jason and rolled his eyes.

Does he even like Jason?

I nodded and slowly moved my hand to lift my shirt up. When Drake placed his hand on mine stopping me.

"Jason I need you to leave the room while I work on Kiestin."

"Are you kidding me Drake?!" Jason stood up rolling his eyes glaring at Drake.

"Jason does it look like I'm kidding?"

Jason flashed Drake the finger then stormed out slamming the door.

"Alright now we have privacy." Drake smiled removing his hand from mine.

"You don't like Jason do you?" I suddenly blurted out not realizing what I did.

He gave me a small grin and chuckled a little.

"That's an understatement Kiestin. I can't stand Jason. The only reason I came over here was to help you. After he explained what happened to you I felt so bad for you. Plus me being the gang doctor, I couldn't turn him down."

"Oh." Is all I could say.

"Can I get you to sit up?"

I started to use my arms to help sit myself up. When Drake noticed I couldn't do it he helped me. I gasped from the pain. It eased up when I was in the sitting position not moving.

"How come Jason doesn't like you?"

"How'd you know?" He smiled this time laughing a little. "Is it that obvious?"

Drake began putting the stethoscope on my back listening to my breaths.

I smiled. "Yeah it pretty much is considering how he left the room. I don't understand why he wanted to stay in here anyway. He doesn't care about me." The last part turned into a faint whisper.

Drake stopped what he was doing and looked at me.

"Kiestin I know this is hard to believe, but Jason was in a panic when he called me and begged me to come help you. You know usually the girl he kidnaps is dead by now. He wouldn't dare help her, you're the first one I've seen that he has sympathy for."