Feelings

The heaviness of the empty silence that racks the air, leaving nothing but gasping breathes and silent tears. What have I become, something so empty as my shell once shed, now it's all that I have left. My head is stuck up in the clouds begging for me to come down but I can't because that's where I feel alive, no more dying or kicking inside. I can't push myself anymore, I've tried and tried to get past that door but the emptiness inside me takes a whole, I'm trying can't you see but no one ever knows. This feeling that once took hold of me is now my only friend, put a smile on and play pretend. No one can see how broken you feel or lost in a daze, body just roaming on this plane. Brain no where in sight, just a lifeless zombie, trying to be alright. No one would understand, the pain that comes from living life again. I'll try anything again just to feel but what happens when death is the only thing that appeals. You can't keep holding your breath and putting yourself under water but I'll do anything just to get farther. I don't wanna be stuck here any longer but what happens when the clouds are your only friend and keep you alive until the very end. They keep you breathing, a lifeless zombie, maybe I was supposed to be that way, no longer an actual human, just me and my thoughts. Society would probably like me better that way, a girl who can't protest or call out. Funny how things in life truly work out.

Written By: BistyC