When The Dust Settles...

Watching the dust fly high,
My brain doing circles in my mind,
I'm trying not to recall the last time,
but what happens when you're loosing your damn mind. Everything turns to slow motion, my reaction time moves at the speed of a snail, my heart is thumping in my chest, screaming at me "You're gonna wreck!"

The gravel finally settles, the dust slowly sets, my chest is still pounding but we didn't wreck. Everything about me is trying not to panic, trying not to recall that horrible mechanic of a night that was going so perfectly smooth until everything hit slow motion and my chest was screaming at me "You're gonna wreck!"

That night still sits with me like it was yesterday, like the tears from my eyes never drained, countless times I've pushed it to the back of my brain, the thought still remains. I am who I am with or without that wreck but I am certainly still shaken by it's cold breath. So let me tell you about a story where it all came so fast, a girl and boy trying to make it last, but before they know it the car comes to a crash. The rest is history at last.

You wonder why it took me so long to finally feel comfortable again in that very seat, maybe it's because I was afraid to crash again...

Written By: BistyC