Crash

I was so afraid to drive. I would barley touch the gas in fear that I would run somebody over but once you get behind a wheel and get comfortable it's like you have the world in the palm of your hands and the freedom to go anywhere. It felt like that to me until.....the crash. I remember the air bags going off and the nasty bruise on my left shoulder, the cold December air, the tears but most of all, I remember you. I thought it couldn't happen, no not me. I was the safe driver. I was the tame one compared to my friends and brother. I didn't speed or run red lights. Guess that I was wrong... someone once told me that love is similar to driving a car. You feel free and that you're on top of the world until the crash. You're left broken hearted and the bruise from the air bag is what's left of the damage on your heart. It will linger and hurt until you can no longer see or feel the pain but you. You were special. You bruised me so hard that I was seeing stars and made me feel like my throat was on fire. I still have that mark.... So now, I spend a little more time at stops signs. Hover over the breaks in fear that I'll crash again or worse.....end up dead. Wait a little longer at green lights in fear. Because once you crash...nothing is ever the same.

Written By: BistyC