Zombie

*inspired by 'Zombie' by the Cranberries*

Rey hurried wiped her face and rubbed at her arm wraps to mask that she had been crying. She hoped Poe wouldn't notice. She didn't want to have to explain what had just transpired in her room.

BB-8 was there with Poe outside her door. He beeped at her.

"Sorry about that." Rey apologized.

"He told me how to turn off the auto-pilot but I can't figure it out." Poe said, giving her a small smile. She nodded and they headed towards the cockpit. Rey went to go sit in the captains chair. Chewie gave a small roar and a chorus of chirps echoed around him from the Porgs huddled under his chair.

"You just turn this to the right, press this button, and flip this switch." Rey instructed Poe, fiddling with multiple knobs on the dash of the Falcon.

"Oh, turn it to the right!!! Got it." Poe said, flashing another smile. BB-8 beeped something that sounded like 'give me a break'. Rey let Poe take the pilots seat. "We'll be landing on Naboo shortly then." he told her.

Naboo was wonderful. It was lush and green. It reminded Rey of D'Qar and Maz's Castle. Poe had landed in a swamp shrouded by olive green trees with branches that hung down low and draped over the top of the Falcon.

Leia instructed most of the crew to stay back with the ship as she, Connix, and 2 other Resistance members went ahead to go speak with the Queen of Naboo.

Rose had woken up during the landing. She was sitting up and had been given a tin mug of a concoction to drink. She was sipping it slowly.

"Rey!!!" She said, nearly dropping the mug as Rey emerged from the cockpit. "You rescued us!!! This..... This is amazing!!!" She said. Rey blushed in embarrassment.

"Calm down Rose." Finn said, laying a hand on Rose's shoulder briefly.

"So you're Rose?" Rey asked. Rose looked like she was about to explode from happiness as Rey spoke to her. "How are you feeling?"

"Sore, but it was worth it." She said, turning her head to give a sappy eyed look to Finn who coughed and looked embarrassed. Poe showed up shortly from behind Rey, propping an elbow on Reys shoulder.

"Nice landing job, eh? If the First Order flew over right now, they wouldn't be able to see us. I am such a genius." Poe said, giving Rey a nudge. She blushed. "How you doing Rose?" He turned his attention to Rose. She just nodded quickly, smiling.

"Perfect." He said. "I'm going to go and try to catch up with General Organa." He said, turning to leave.

"But General Organa told us to wait here." Rose said strictly. "You don't want to get demoted again do you?"

BB-8 snarkily beeped from next to Poe.

"It was my idea to come here. I should have gone to speak to the Queen." He pouted.

"We are better off here for now anyways." Finn said, giving Rey a small smile, which she returned.

"So Rey, what happened when you went to find Luke?" He asked.

Over the next several hours, Rey filled Finn, Poe, and Rose on how Luke had shut himself off from the Force during his years on Ahch-To. She told them about Snoke, and how Ben had killed him instead of her. She told them about the fight with the guards in the throne room, and how Ben had ultimately assisted in the destruction of the lightsaber that had called to Rey - the lightsaber of Anakin Skywalker.

She left out the parts where they had connected face to face and touched over the fire.

"I can't believe he would do that!" Rose said.