Feel It Still

*briefly inspired by 'Feel It Still' by Portugal. The Man*

Chewbacca took the Falcon back to the Eravana to help evacuate the freighter of the ground crew. The five of them and BB-8 raced for the service elevator, Ben using the Force to push one of the burning transports out of the way.

When they were in the elevator, awkward silence soon set in, save for the squeaks of the elevator.

"I've been wondering." Finn said, breaking the silence. "Why were you on Naboo?" He asked Ben.

Everyone except Rey turned to Ben, awaiting an answer as the elevator trudged painfully slow upwards.

"I came for the funeral." Ben said.

"Oh." Finn said, looking away. The elevator continued to squeak.

Rose nudged Rey.

"You're right." She whispered to Rey, peeking up at Ben. "He is kind of handsome." Rey blushed.

"How did you find Rey to tell her about the First Order?" Poe asked.

Ben's eyes looked down and to the side at Rey. She looked up, her eyes meeting his. She blushed again. A look of horror crossed Finn's face.

"EW!!!!!" He yelled.

Finn lunged for Ben and there was a physical scuffle as he grabbed Ben by the front of his jacket. Ben gritted his teeth, shoving his forearm against Finn's neck. Poe grabbed Ben's shoulders in an attempt to get Ben off of Finn. Rose was knocked back and she tripped over BB-8, who squealed loudly.

"Stop it!" Rey yelled at them. The doors to the service elevator opened and the boys stumbled out, Ben brandishing his saber at the men.

"Put that away." Rey told Ben. He obliged, glaring at Poe and Finn.

"There's no time for this." Ben said.

"This isn't over." Poe spat at Ben, pointing a finger in his face.

"Are you okay?" Finn asked Rose as she came out of the elevator, rubbing her side.

"I'm fine." She said. "Where do we go from here?"

"I'll take you to find the weapons system." Poe said. "BB-8 can scan the ship to find the route." Poe said to Rose.

"Finn, can you go with Rey to disable the shields?" Poe asked.

"Why do I always have to disable the shields?" Finn complained.

"Because you're so good at it." Poe told him. Finn made a face.

"I'll deal with Hux." Ben said.

"No one asked you." Finn snapped to Ben. Ben made a mock lunge towards Finn and he flinched backwards.

"Ben..." Rey said warningly. She pulled back on Ben's arm. He turned towards her.

"Be careful." She whispered to him. He pulled her close and leaned down for a kiss.

"GROSS!" Poe and Finn shouted.

"Awww!" said Rose.

"Come on, let's go." Poe said, gagging as he pulled Rose away towards a nearby corridor. Ben hurried down the main hallway.

"This way." Rey said to Finn and they turned down the corridor opposite the elevator.

They ran down the hall. Finn poised with his blaster and Rey with her saber.

"How could you have feelings for him, Rey?" Finn asked her and she could hear the hurt in his voice.

"It's complicated." Rey replied.