Strip That Down

*language and slight mature content warning*

*briefly inspired by 'Strip That Down' by Liam Payne*

Rose grasped tightly onto Finn's hand as they walked up the steps of the Naboo Palace.

"Ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh." Rose whispered.

"Ouch, Rose, you're hurting me!" Finn hissed.

Leia was at the front of the group in a grey dress that had large frills at the shoulders, a cape draping down from the back.

As they entered the Palace, they were greeted by the Queen and Rey was taken aback at how young she was. She looked 12 or so. Her hair was a glossy black, with a headband full of Varactyl feathers upon her head. She wore a dress in a brilliant shade of emerald green.

"Welcome brave Resistance soldiers. I am Queen Annaly Naberrie."

The group bowed to her.

"I hold this banquet tonight in honor of your General, Leia Organa. Long ago, she came to the aid of our past Queen Soruna. Tonight - not only do I return the kindness Leia has shown to the people of Naboo, I celebrate a member of my personal family tree."

She clapped and the members of her royal guard followed suit. The Resistance chimed in. Leia nodded her head to everyone.

"Come." Queen Annaly said, taking Leia by the hand. "This way to the dining hall."

"I didn't know Leia was related to the current Queen." Rey whispered to Poe as they walked together to the dining hall.

"Yes. She is descended from Padme's sister, Sola." He whispered back. "Why do you think I suggested we come to Naboo?" He winked at her.

After dinner, everyone was mingling around and drinking some pear flavored wine. The Queen went around, flanked by 2 handmaidens and 2 guards, greeting each Resistance member.

When she approached Rey and her friends, Rose nearly choked.

"Good evening." She said to them, clasping her hands in front of her dress. They all bowed.

"Good evening." They replied.

"Enjoying the splendor?" She asked them.

"Yes, your Majesty." Poe said. "We appreciate you harboring us while we rebuild."

"I was happy to oblige." Annaly said, giving him a sly smile, her eyes twinkling at him.

"Your Majesty." Rose said breathlessly, "Is it really you? Or is one of your handmaidens the real Queen?"

"Rose!" Finn hissed. Annaly gave a soft giggle.

"It's quite all right. My grandmother told me the stories of Padme's reign, passed down from her sister, my great grandmother. I can understand the curiosity."

Rose blushed.

"How old are you?" Rey asked.

"Nearly 14." Annaly responded. Poe went red in the face.

"Wow. You're so beautiful." Rose gushed. Annaly giggled again.

"I like you." She said to Rose. "You remind me of my older sister. Come, I will allow you to ask me more funny questions." She said, taking Rose by the hand and leading her away. Rose gave a little wave to her friends as she was led away.

"You look very beautiful tonight too, Rey." Poe told her, still a little red in the face from before.

"Yeah. And a little more closer to your age. By like, a lot." Finn said. Poe punched Finn in the shoulder.