Touch

*artwork used does not belong to me*
*language warning*

This was a very weird dream. He had rarely dreamt of women before. And even then, they certainly weren't sleeping in those dreams. He waited breathlessly as he waited for her to speak, even though she was turned away from him.

A sigh of content escaped her lips and a sinking realization rushed over him, his stomach knotting.

This wasn't a dream at all. They had connected again.

Why did this keep happening? It was all she could ask about when they had connected the day before. She was right. Snoke was dead. He had opened this Force channel between them. To get what he wanted. To get to Rey. The lowly scavenger from Jakku. If Snoke had opened the connection, why hadn't it shut when Ben had killed him? And why, just why, did it keep pulling them together? And just what the hell did he have to do to stop it?

But it was just the Force, after all. This wasn't real. He wasn't really there in the bed with her. He was back on the cruiser. In his own room. Alone. This was just a vision of her is all.

Another few moments of silence went by, his mind racing over how to stop this.

'Maybe....' he thought to himself. He thought back to how he and Rey had connected over the fire before his Uncle so rudely burst in. Maybe.... Just maybe.... He had an idea of how to disconnect.

He reached over to her exposed shoulder, peeking out from the brown wool cover of the bed. His fingertips hovered centimeters from her skin. Slowly, he ran his outstretched middle finger down her shoulder. She was soft and cold.

'Fuck.' he thought.

Rey began to slightly stir.

'FUCK!' he thought more fiercely this time.

Rey instinctively pulled the cover over her shoulder and snuggled her head deeper into the pillow, letting out another sigh.

XXX

Rey awoke sometime in the early morning. She wasn't quite sure when, but judging by the fact the Falcon was quiet - no one else was awake. She turned over, hoping to get a few more moments of rest before getting up and starting her day. She pulled another pillow over to herself, to hold against her in comfort. It smelled unfamiliar. Like vanilla and spices, maybe a hint of smoke. It was odd, but not alarming. She slowly drifted back to sleep.

"REY!"

Rey woke with a jump. There was a bang on the door. She sat up and rubbed at her eyes.

"Rey!" shouted the voice again. There was a muffled roar from Chewie. Rey hurried to the door, hitting the button to open it. Finn was standing there, a look of panic on his face.

"Finn? What's the matter?" Rey asked, yawning. "Oh. Oh my." She said as she looked around the hub of the Falcon. Mud was slung everywhere. From the couches to the floor, even to the holo screen.

Chewie roared again, chasing after a flock of mud drenched Porgs, dirt and leaves flicking off his leg fur as he ran.

"Chewie! What happened?" Rey asked. Chewie whined in response.

"The Porgs got off the ship and went swimming in the swamp." Finn said. "See? I'm learning Wookiee."

Chewie roared in an annoying tone.

"I think I could have figured that much out on my own." Rey said, sighing as she looked around.

"Where is everyone else?" She asked Finn.

"They all went to the old hangers already. You slept in."

"You should have woke me up." She told him as she went to find rags.