Never Enough

Authors Note: Reached 400 views! Can't thank you guys enough. ♡ This one is a bit longer than the others, with good reason. Mascara alert!

*partially inspired by 'Never Enough' from The Greatest Showman sung by Loren Allred*

Ben awoke the next morning back in his own bed on the cruiser. He got up and went to shower. While he was eating breakfast, the trooper on guard knocked on his door.

"Supreme Leader, urgent news from the command deck." the trooper told him. Ben abandoned his meal and headed off to the bridge where Hux and Captain Herrera were waiting.

"What's so important?" Ben barked.

"Supreme Leader, we intercepted the trade of a star ship we believe was meant for the Resistance." Hux announced.

"Supreme Leader, the troops you have stationed on Tattooine were witness to a Rodian attempting to trade a J-type 327 Nubian star ship." Herrera informed him.

"A Rodian? You can't trust those green freaks." Ben spat. "How do you know it was for the Resistance?"

"Only the Resistance would be after a ship that rare." Hux said angrily.

"Who were they trying to trade it to?" Ben questioned.

"We aren't quite sure. They got away. We are trying to track them down." Herrera reported.

"Supreme Leader, this is just the lead we need to find those traitors." Hux told Ben, stepping forward.

"Then move the troop to Rodia and see if they know where one of them could have gotten one of those ships" Ben ordered.

"Yes, Supreme Leader." Herrera said. Hux turned to look at Ben.

"We are getting closer each day to finding them. I just know it." He said.

Ben looked out at the galaxy from the bridge of the command deck. Yes, it did seem like they were getting closer to finding the Resistance. Which meant he was running out of time.

He left the deck and went to leave a note for Rey to continue their training the following evening.

XXX

The next day, Rey arrived for training with her saber in hand. She set her bag down on the floor and approached Ben where he stood at the center of the room.

Ben held his hand out to her. She smiled and went to put her hand in his. Ben shook his head.

"Your saber." He said, motioning with his hand. Rey pursed her lips in disappointment and handed her saber to Ben. He examined it, turning it over in his hands as Rey watched on. After a few minutes, he handed it back to her.

"You will follow my techniques. Understood?" He said, grabbing his saber off his belt.

Rey nodded. Ben reached into a black box that had been sitting on the floor and brought out a combat remote and activated it. He ignited his saber He dipped and dived, turning and spinning the saber as he deflected the shots from the drone.

"That looks easy." Rey said.

"Oh really?" Ben said, stepping back. He flipped a switch on the back of the drone. "You try it then."

Rey stepped up and held her saber in the position Ben had taught. The first few blasts she easily deflected, but she was soon stung in the hand by one of them. She shook her hand. She blocked another combo of shots before being stung again, this time on her forearm.

"How is fighting a drone ---" She dodged another two shots. "Supposed to help in real life?"

She deflected a third shot to the drone, sending it spiraling. Rey smiled.