Sledgehammer

*language warning*

*inspired by Sledgehammer by Fifth Harmony*

He clenched a fist.

Why did she keep making her way into his thoughts? She wasn't special or anything. So what if she could use the Force? She was still untrained. And it's not like she was a skilled fighter, or decent with a lightsaber. Or good at piloting ships. Or exceptionally good looking, with her chocolate hair, and the dusting of freckles on her face.

"FUCK!" Ben screamed, slamming his fist against the window, causing a crack. He huffed out of his room to find a Trooper.

"You!" He shouted as one turned the corner.

"Yes. Supreme Leader." he said as he halted.

"Get me the medic droid." Ben instructed.

"Yes Supreme Leader." The Stormtrooper turned back the way they came.

"NOW!" Ben barked. The Stormtrooper quickened his pace.

A few sleeping pills later, he was passed out in his room, pleading with himself not to connect with her.

XXX

Back on Naboo, Rose ooohed and ahhhed at Rey's new saber.

"Wow, I can't believe I'm this close to a Jedi!" Rose squealed.

"I'm not a Jedi, Rose." Rey said. "There are many things I haven't learned." Thinking of the books she had taken from the tree on Ahch-To.

"Just.... Wow...." Rose repeated.

"You know." Rey said, shooting Finn a look. "Finn fought with my old saber a few times."

"I know! He's such a hero!" Rose said, grabbing for Finn's hand, causing him to blush. Rey and Poe laughed.

The following morning, Rey went with Poe to the hanger while Rose and Finn stayed with Chewie on the Falcon.

"I don't know much of the Battle Of Naboo." Rey told Poe, as he had been explaining their findings from yesterday.

They reached the top of one of the rolling hills of the planet, the road to the palace on their right.

"Hanger's this way." Poe said, nodding his head to the left.

It was a Scavengers dream. Rey's stomach instinctively grumbled at the thought of how many portions she could have earned turning in to Unkar Plutt.

"Rose was right. It is amazing." Rey said, her face lighting up. Poe smiled at her.

"I knew you'd like it." He said. Rey blushed.

"Come on, the Pods back here."

They went past Connix and a few other Resistance members who were stripping the wires from the heads of rusted Battle Droids. In a far corner of the hanger, under a dusty blanket was the Pod Racer.

"It's in pretty bad shape." Poe said, looking down at the controls.

"You think it would still run?" Rey asked, as she ran her hands down the dusty metal body of the racer.

"Thinking of a race? The best pilot in the Resistance versus the best pilot on Jakku?" Poe laughed, giving her a wink.

"I don't think that's quite fair. This Pods got nothing on your X-Wing." Rey laughed in return.

"How about I give you some pointers?" Poe said, leaning in a charming fashion against the Pod. He looked over in the direction of a pair of large yellow ships parked in the back.