End Game

Authors Note: Thanks for surpassing 100 views! It means a lot. Hope you're enjoying the story.

*briefly inspired by 'End Game' by Taylor Swift*

"From where?" Ben asked cautiously.

"The origins are unknown, Supreme Leader." Thanisson replied. "We are tracking it as we speak."

As the Comlink operators tapped away, the blinking red dot of the transmission continued to blip across the holo screen.

Hux burst onto the command bridge.

"I want this transmission traced!" Hux ordered, pointing angrily at the operators.

"We are already tracing the signal, General." Thanisson sighed, rolling his eyes at Hux. Hux glared at him.

"You better be." He snapped.

The whole room was awaited the results with anticipation. Ben kept clenching and unclenching his fist as the seconds passed by.

"Sir!" Officer Milligan said. "The message is coming from Cloud City."

Ben let out a small sigh of relief. Hux looked disgusted at the results.

"Cloud City? Where was it headed to? Transcribe the message!" Hux badgered.

The operators tapped away at their computers.

"The destination and contents have been blocked. It needs to be de-coded."

"Well find someone to UNBLOCK it!" Hux yelled.

XXX

"Who is it from?" Finn asked as everyone scrambled around the computer.

"I'm trying! I'm trying!" Connix said exasperated, as she reached for the Comlink headset.

"It's..... It's coded." Connix said.

"Let me see that!" Rose said, shoving her small frame towards the front of the communication module.

Rose started typing away quickly, clicking here and there as the computer continued to beep.

"There!" She said with a flourish.

Everyone squinted at the screen.

"Cloud City?" Rose read. "Who do we know in Cloud City?"

Connix did some typing at the console.

"A Bloom Calrissian?" She read aloud. Poe went pale.

"Shit." He whispered. Rey and Finn looked at him.

"Do you know him?" Finn asked.

"She." Poe corrected. "And she's my ex-girlfriend."

XXX

Rey made her way back to the Falcon. It was very late at this point, and she was surprised Chewie hadn't come looking for her. As she turned to walk up the ramp, she stopped.

"Rey." Said a stern voice from behind her. She whipped around, reaching for her saber in the process and igniting it.

The pale blue ghost of Luke stepped into view, standing in the clearing Chewie had made for campfires.

"Master Luke?" Rey gasped.

"Rey." He continued. "I am very disappointed in you." He said.

"What did I do?" She asked, turning off her saber and putting it away.

"Rey...." Luke said, with a warning tone. He folded his arms and gave her a pointed stare. "I saw you and Ben."

Rey felt her face become warm.