I Believe In A Thing Called Love

*brief mature content*

*briefly inspired by 'I Believe In A Thing Called Love' by The Darkness*

His hands on her face felt warm. His lips soft and wanting. He held her there, her hands pressed against his chest, feeling the quickening thump of his heartbeat.

What was even happening anymore? He was supposed to be her enemy. He wanted her friends dead. Her friends wanted him dead. But that was Kylo Ren. Not Ben. This was Ben. Hiding behind the dark persona he had created. Ben Solo wasn't dead. He was very much alive.

Rey allowed her hands to slide up his chest and across his broad shoulders. She wrapped her arms around his neck and let a hand inch its way in his tangle of dark hair. Her body rose into his as she pressed her lips back. He let down a hand, placing it at the small of her back. The other hand he let graze across her cheek as he wove his fingers into her hair and pulled her face closer.

She could feel herself get dizzy and started to stumble back. The kiss broke and Ben held her up by her waist.

Ben's mind was swimming with a million thoughts and Rey couldn't even concentrate on a single one. His brown eyes wide, almost in fear, perhaps in awe.

"Rey... I..." He started, but trailed off. He let go of her waist.

She blushed and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I.... Better get back to the cruiser...." Ben said nervously.

"Mmmhmm." Rey said nodding and biting her lip, trying to hold back a shy smile.

Ben vanished, and Rey was left alone. She wrapped her arms around herself and sighed as she turned to stare across the vast Naboo plains.

Things just got a lot more complicated.

XXX

"Anakin's grandson just had his first kiss." Obi-Wan told Qui-Gon.

"How sweet." Qui-Gon said.

"So much for rebuilding the Jedi." Luke said, throwing his hands up in the air in desperation. "What do we do now?"

"Told you about the time I went to the beach, have I?" Yoda asked the group of Jedi.

"Not this story again." Luke said, rolling his eyes.

XXX

Rey walked down to the hangers to check on Finn, Poe, and Rose. Old battle droid transports were being gutted for their parts.

"Rey! Where ya been?" Poe said, waving to her from atop a pile of metal. She just blushed, thinking of where she had been. Poe grinned and hopped down.

"I'm glad you're here. Come see what we've built." He took her over to the center of the second hanger. A series of computers had been constructed using some holo screens recovered from the transports.

"We haven't gotten the communication up yet. Rose is working on that right now." He looked up at the ceiling where Rose was dangling dangerously from a harness as she was rigging up some metal and wires.

"REY!!!! HEY!!!!" Rose said, wildly waving at her, causing the harness to sway.

"Rose! Be careful!" Finn said, as he pulled back on the wire supporting her harness.

"Sorry Finn! Hi Rey!!! I'll be right down." Rose said. She flipped down a mask to cover her face as she ignited a metallic torch. Sparks shot out as Rose welded a satellite to the top of the hanger. A few more sparks later, she gave Finn a thumbs up sign and he slowly lowered her back to the floor.