Fields Of Gold

Authors Note: The point of view will bounce between multiple characters this chapter, bear with me! Thank you for almost 100 views! If you've got comments, leave 'em! ♡

*briefly inspired by 'Fields Of Gold' by Sting*

Luke's ghost stared grumpily down the hill at Ben and Rey.

"Too much like Obi-Wan you are." Yoda said.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Stuck in old ways he was."

"Excuse me, Master Yoda, but I was simply following the Jedi code." Said the ghost of Obi-Wan Kenobi, emerging to join them in the swamp.

"Attachments are forbidden to the Jedi." Luke complained. "We can't let this hand holding progress any further."

XXX

"Tell me more." She had whispered, gently touching the top of his hand.

Ben moved his hand out from under her touch. He was beginning to feel a little too human. A little too 'Ben'.

"There's not much to tell." He said.

"I'm sure there is." Rey said.

"My parents were always busy. Their natures clashed. I felt abandoned. Enough said."

Rey could sense the irritation in his voice.

"One time, I saved a Happabore on a scavenging run." Rey said, blurting out a random fact about her own past, trying to lighten the mood.

"What do you remember about your past?" He asked.

Rey shrugged.

"I used to work for various scavengers, until they realized I was doing a better job than them. So started to scavenge on my own. Built a speeder. Studied schematics. The usual."

"How did you learn to pilot then?"

"I had an old BTL-A4 Y-wing computer display. I used the flight simulator."

"Impressive."

It was quiet between the two for a moment.

"You're a good pilot." He told her quietly. She blushed.

"Thanks." She said.

He set his hand back down on the ground, allowing himself to feel vulnerable.

XXX

"Mmmmm.... The last Jedi you were, Luke."

"Master Yoda is right. Neither of them are Jedi. We have no reason to intervene." Obi-Wan said to Luke.

Luke was getting frustrated.

"But she is our only hope for the Jedi to be reborn!" Luke said, motioning at Rey. Yoda shook his head.

"Jedi, no. A new order there shall be."

XXX

"Ben?" Rey asked as they continued to sit on the hill. "Why hasn't the First Order come for me if you knew I was here?"

"It's..... complicated."

"Because you're Supreme Leader now?" She asked.

"Please don't dig at my mind." He said, slightly perturbed. Rey blushed in embarrassment.

"Sorry." She whispered as she let go of his thoughts. He had used manners again. She liked it when he was polite.

"General Hux wants control. He has wanted control since the day I met him. If he gets it, I won't be able to create my new order. He will destroy half the galaxy in a heartbeat. But I'm in control. The First Order listens to me. That's why they haven't come for you."

Sync - A Reylo Fan Fictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें