chapter twenty two

The ride from the restaurant to wherever it was the car was going, was a blur. She wasn't even certain that indeed, the car was moving or at a stand still. All she knew was that they were in the backseat of a car, humping like rabbits and she was loving every bit of it.

It was new, foreign even, for Gabrielle Oliver to make out with a man in the backseat of his car and probably with the chauffeur inside. But it couldn't be helped, at least not by her. Her brain cells seemed to have dissolved to useless fluid, making rationale something incomprehensible.

Lying on her back, legs apart, it registered this was beyond the level of wanton she'd ever imagined getting to. She was a woman after all and she had needs and therefore, at times, especially lately when she'd been surrounded by the exotic Paris and male hotness, she contemplated it. Not to mention the romance book she'd been struggling to put together because shamefully, her mind couldn't come up with one, single incident she'd really lost control, become molten and euphoric in the arms of a man. Sure, there was imagination and creativity, it's what made her a  bestseller author. But that was adventure for Chrissake's! Nothing like this knew path she was hoping to undertake.

However, this, this here wasn't imagination. She wasn't trying to epitomize a sexually confident female character and an Alpha male. It was real, happening, and as surreal as it was -to her. The moment she felt his warm, firm lips on her, prying and prodding, demanding in, she'd lost all resolve. Everything around her had vanished, not a single memory of how dinner had been paid or how they'd gotten back into the car. But somehow they had, and now, at the backseat, her heels-clad legs in the air, Oscar between them kissing the life out of her, nothing had ever felt so right.

She moaned out loud when he nibbled on her earlobe and kneaded her breast simultaneously. The man was like a desert traveler that'd finally discovered an oasis, drinking with eagerness and greed. Not that she wasn't responding with equal vigour, grinding on the hardness pressing into her like a deranged woman. But he was mad, all but consuming her whole.

The skin of her thigh burned, his touch unbearable yet desirable. She felt his claws dig into the flesh there and hazily, she figured her pants had been done away with. A hand travelled up her sides, moving slowly but steadily to the inside of her thigh before a wide palm cupped her wetness.

She panicked.

Suddenly, reality came back to her, her senses returning from their previous trip. Her droopy eyes peered up at the intense, deep ones of a now still Oscar. No doubt he'd felt her body stiffen and her change of mood. She felt his hand detach itself from her throbbing, aching core and immediately tears sprung to her eyes. Was it possible to need something so much? She was no idiot, she knew just what it was she hungered for despite her lacking experience in sex department. She knew she only had to ask and Oscar would comply, sooth her ache. But finding the voice, perhaps the courage to ask became quite the task.

And then there was the little echo in her head, reminding her of his cheerfulness when he picked that call back at the restaurant and how adoringly he'd called the person sweetheart. Of all men Gabrielle had to meet, she credited Oscar, the most honourable. That he'd engage her so intimately despite belonging to another hurt her. Whether because he could be cheating with her on another or that there was another, she could tell which killed her the most. But deep down, staring into his hooded dark blue eyes that now resembled a stormy sea, she knew she'd die seeing him with another woman. Obviously he was a passionate man and picturing him the way he was there -shirtless, wet, full lips, staring at her like the first and only woman he'd ever seen, that'd ever existed- made her heart want to implode.

"Are you alright?" It was asked gently, almost softly.

She was about to nod when a muffled announcement from the driver came. "We're here, sir."