chapter twenty seven

The click of her knee-high boots echoed as she sashayed in the hallway, a triumphant grin on her face. She spun around and laughed, the sound drifting into the walls. At reaching the double doors, she pressed the security code and entered.

Ignoring the contents of the study, she walked to the wooden desk before her and opened a drawer. Quickly, she retrieved the gun from her purse and made to place it inside.

"Hello there, thief."

She yelped startlingly and made a swift twirl, the pistol pointed to the intruder. Shoulders sinking in relief, she smiled innocently. "Babe!" She beamed.

"Uh-uh, not working, Mrs Gregory." He closed in on her and confiscated the pistol. "I see you've been engaged." He whispered, pulling her flush against himself. Resting the gun atop the timber desk behind the trembling woman, he brought his free hand to grip her ponytail. "Should we be calling our lawyers?" The tip of his tongue darted out to lick her earlobe.

A soft moan slipped her throat. "No," she breathed. "You-are-my-law-yer."

"Hmm," one rough hand came up to coil around her neck, the other yanking her head back painfully. Ignoring the groans that emanated from her, he peppered a trail of wet kisses down her neck to the collarbone all the while sliding his hand down her belly. "You smell like my wife, so tantalizing. Inviting."

His lips hovered over hers, teasingly refusing to budge any closer until she was blatantly frustrated, causing her to reach out but he yanked her head further back. "Damn it, Warren." She whined.

Smiling against her lips, he licked the bottom lip just as his hand found her excited nub. "Tell me Mrs Gregory, would you taste the same? Same as my little wife?"

Incoherent mumble jumble stambled out of her mouth, her head fuzzy and foggy. Honeymoon period was over for their marriage. They were onto real life where he sometimes came home late from work and tired. She often nagged like any wife but this, this about them had never changed. They were still a most passionate, experimental couple. Over the years he'd acquired this skill of working her up to frustration until she wasn't a dignified woman anymore but a wanton one that'd barely stop herself from devouring him whole. Now was such a time.

Wanting, needing to feel him too, she slowly brought her own hand down his torso, dragging it downwards. Eyes on the price. At reaching his belt buckle she groaned in frustration as he swiftly caught her hand and restrained it. "Warren Gregory I swear...uh!"

The warm, moisturized pad of his tongue licked up her bare breast making her whimper which as usual evoked an arrogant chuckle from him. "You taste like her, sweetheart."

In an attempt to balance her marshmallow body on the desk, her hand contacted something cold. The gun. A conspiratorial smirk curved on her lips as her unrestrained hand reached for it discretely. Once in her custody, she quietly brought her finger on the trigger. "Baby," it was sugarcoated and she prayed she wasn't jumping from frying pan to fire.

"Hmm,"

Stifling a moan from his onslaught on her breast, she continued. "Have you ever done anything at gunpoint?"

There wasn't a verbal confirmation. He merely manhandled her to turn, so fast she was too involved in not missing her equilibrium when he wretched the pistol from her. The metal dropped to the floor and panic filled her. They both loved this, the unknown. The anticipation of the other's reaction. At most, she awaited the familiar sting on her behind, a painful yank of her head but nothing came forth which made her all the more excited.

When he undid the button of her jeans, she knew what was coming. She began protesting. "No, no, I'm sorry. Warren_"

"You'll do well to shut up,"