Chapter 14

Lauren's POV

I pulled the hood up and shoved my hands into the pockets of my hoodie. It was raining, hard. It was also sunny at the same time but that was just the tropical weather we had in Miami. I reached my house and entered it, immediately being hit with the smell of weed that I just did not feel like dealing with today. I swallowed my anger as I walked into my living room.

"I don't give you my key for you to get stoned on my couch," I hissed and approached Jack, kicking his feet off my coffee table. I discarded my wet hoodie on the couch and asked him to put the joint out.

"What's got you in a mood anyway?" he questioned as I plopped down next to him.

"I'm not in a mood. Maybe I just felt like coming home and not having to see your face," I added in a joking manner, I knew it was alright for us to talk like this so I never held anything back with him and enjoyed the playful banter.

"Ok, you're definitely in a mood. Is it...Camila?" Jack gasped, mocking me for my infatuation with the brunette. This was something he did quite often, that and a few comments that he just couldn't seem to stop himself.

"Maybe..."

"What did you do?"

"What makes you think I'm the one that did something?" I laughed.

"Well...what could she have possibly done?"

I sighed and rubbed my temples. The last few weeks had been great, I knew that. I was happy and she was too. I had told her before that we could keep what we have to ourselves but hearing her tell her mother I'm like a sister to her, annoyed me. She said it in such a dismissive way that I couldn't help but think if she did have some sort of feelings for me. Feelings that exceed friendship. I was never one to be insecure but the brown-eyed seemed to bring that out of me and I absolutely hated it. She had so much power over me in such a short time, it scared me. She had me wrapped around her little finger and I was sure she knew that by now.

After what I had overheard, I simply told her I needed to leave. It had only been 3 days but she kept texting me non-stop, making it harder because I needed to get my shit together. I was already in way too deep.

"Oh," Jack simply said when I explained to him what happened. My phone buzzed in my pocket. I pulled it out and read the message.

Camila: Did I do something wrong?

"Well, what are you going to do about it? You just gonna ignore her?" the boy asked and I nodded.

"I just need a break from her."

"You're an idiot," he chuckled and I whipped my head around to direct my angry stare at him. "You're getting mad at her because she did something you told her she could do. You told her you could keep it to yourselves for a while and that's what she's doing. I don't see why you'd get mad," he told me and I hated that he was right. I was being a jerk but I had the right to want some time to myself.

"I'll talk to her tomorrow," I said and left it at that but he wasn't done.

"This reminds me, have you two done it yet?" he asked and I had to stop anger from taking over me because this had been a constant question lately and it was driving me crazy. "You hit it yet? Is she good? I heard the innocent ones usually are."

That did it. I was aware he was trying to set me off and it worked. Usually he never crossed the line but he sure did at that moment. I felt my protective side take over me and I grabbed the collar of his shirt, pulling him toward me so our faces were almost touching. "You talk about her like that one more time and I will not hesitate to kick your fucking head in," I spat and was pleased with myself when I saw fear in his eyes. But I wanted to make sure. "Do you understand, Jack?"