Chapter 23

Camila's POV

We had come back from the beach for only about a half an hour. Lauren had gone upstairs to take a shower as soon as we got home. She didn't really like the beach, the sand on her skin bothered her and she wanted to get clean as soon as she could, but we ended up having a good time.

The sun was still out so I was laying on the chaise longue outside, by Dinah and Normani as they talked animatedly. Lauren finally came out, her hair still damp and wearing basketball shorts and a loose tank top. She sat down on my chaise longue, by my hips, before looking at me and giving me a shy smile.

I reciprocated it and laced my fingers with hers. I didn't know how Dinah and Normani would react but I knew they weren't completely oblivious so they probably wouldn't be surprised either.

"Long shower, Laur," Normani teased and Dinah smirked when she caught sight of our hands together.

"She was probably on edge after all that time they spent in the water," Dinah added and I watched as Lauren responded.

"And what if I was?"

"Not if you were. We know you were," Normani winked and looked at me as if to tell me they knew what we were doing on the beach.

Lauren looked at me briefly and then back at our two friends, shrugging her shoulders, "Whatever. You're just jealous I actually get any action and you don't."

Normani raised an eyebrow, "That's not true. I do get action," she chuckled, surprising all of us and mostly Lauren.

"And you didn't tell me?" Lauren asked, her mouth agape as she feigned indignation.

"You don't tell me shit!" Normani argued and Lauren shook her head.

"Yes I do."

"You didn't tell me you and Camila were a thing," I looked between Lauren and Normani as Lauren stammered for a response.

"That was today!"

The dark skinned girl shook her head and clicked her tongue, "Bullshit. You fingered today. You've been a thing for months."

"Normani, ew," Dinah spoke and Lauren scrunched up her face at Normani's bluntness.

"I'm not even gonna comment on that part," Lauren shook her head while I blushed a bright shade of pink. "And I didn't have to tell you. You knew."

"Whatever. I'm not telling you shit," Normani closed her eyes to enjoy the sun beating down on her face and didn't say another word. Lauren scoffed and looked at Dinah for information but was met with a shrug.

I craved for physical contact again and pulled Lauren down to hug me. It was an awkward angle, I was laying down and she was sitting but I made it work. I inhaled her freshly showered scent and sighed happily when she nuzzled my neck.

"Someone's needy," she chuckled lowly and placed a soft kiss on my neck.

"Is that a problem?"

"No, of course not," she pulled her head back and smiled down at me, her green eyes with a devilish glint on them as she looked down at my body beneath her, "That would never be a problem."

"So, I can be clingy all I want?"

"Yes. Haven't you heard? I'm whipped," she kissed the corner of my mouth sweetly and I swooned.

"You are," I nodded with a smirk and moved my arms to wrap around her neck, pulling her down closer to me before diving into an exchange of sweet kisses with her. That was until we heard gagging noises and groans coming from our friends and pulled apart.