Chapter 21

Camila's POV

"Weekend at my grandparents' beach house this weekend," Dinah startled me as she sat down loudly next to me, making her announcement. It was lunchtime and the four of us were at our usual seats. I looked across from me to find the green eyed beauty with her eyebrows furrowed. God, I missed her. We hadn't had much contact after the thing with Sofi, I wasn't ignoring her, but we just couldn't seem to go back to how we were before. I knew she wanted it and I wanted it too, but how could we make it work like before?

Lauren opened her mouth to protest but Dinah didn't allow it. "I don't even wanna hear it, you're coming. And so is your friend," Dinah spoke, waving around her spoon with yogurt leftovers on it.

"What friend?" Normani chimed in, taking her eyes off her phone.

"Kenya."

"It's Kenza," Lauren corrected and suddenly the weekend at her grandparents' beach house didn't sound like such a good idea. Lauren looked at me briefly as if to make sure I was fine, I nodded awkwardly and looked down at my food. "Why does she have to go?" the green eyed girl asked.

"You don't want her to?" Dinah narrowed her eyes and I looked between the two now. I didn't know where she was getting at but I had an idea.

"What?" Lauren looked at Dinah and then over to me repeatedly. "No. I don't know. I'd be fine with just the four of us," she told her, carefully almost, like if I heard something I didn't like, I'd snap.

"Well, since you guys are like best friends now and you ditched us for her I thought I'd ask."

Crap.

Lauren stopped mid chewing, staring at Dinah with a what-the-fuck look on her face. Normani looked at them with her mouth slightly open and her eyes wide, while I did the same.

"That's not true...at all. Maybe you feel that way because you wouldn't talk me either because of Camila," Lauren spoke with disappointment in her voice. Dinah was slightly taken aback. I didn't even think about how Lauren had felt during that stupid break, not just about me but about our friends as well. "I don't feel like going now. So you three can have a fun weekend without me," Lauren got up and grabbed her tray, leaving without looking at me.

"Why are you such an idiot?" Normani questioned, voicing my exact thoughts.

"I'm trying to help!" Dinah threw her hands up and I raised my eyebrows with an accusatory look on her face.

"Who the hell are you trying to help?" I asked, getting more frustrated with each passing second.

"You!"

"How?"

"She's coming so I can figure out her exact intentions with her! That way you can relax a bit around her cause my perception is great when it comes to these things. I never fail," she gave me a triumphant smile at the end like she had just had a great idea, when really, it made no sense at all. I was already getting over it and that would just make us go two steps backwards instead of moving forward.

"That's...an awful idea," Normani sighed.

"And I thought you'd actually make sense," I shook my head. "Lauren doesn't even want to go anymore."

"You can change that though," Dinah said.

"How?"

"Just ask her a few times. You know she'll end up doing what you want her to," I bit my lower lip as I suppressed a smile at my friend's words. I knew they were slightly true though.

"What if it doesn't work?"

"She's whipped," Dinah shrugged. I gave her an unconvinced and flustered look. "Don't give me that look. She's been whipped since the minute she saw you. It'll work."