Hell On Earth*

(T.M.R. End of August 1943)

    One week left. One week left. Don't kill that stupid muggle boy.  One. Week. Left. I kept repeating the mantra in my mind as I ripped off my now jelly stained shirt. This orphanage was possibly the bane of my existence. It's gloomy halls and the never-ending squealing of the children had kept me on edge the entire summer. One week left. Since finding out that I was a wizard, my happy place had been the prestigious boarding school of Hogwarts. I ruled that school. A place where no one called me a freak, and most importantly, a place where I was respected. 

    After retrieving a cleaner shirt, I made my way to the tiny barred window of my room. The outside of the orphanage wasn't much better. It had been raining for the past four days,  and the chill had seeped into the orphanage itself, causing some of the pathetic muggle children to catch a cold. I wasn't cold, in fact, I welcomed the rain and cold. Warmth and light had always been foreign to me. 

     I had spent most of my summer reading and writing. My plan for this year was coming along quite well. I was once again, a Slytherin prefect, and had passed all of my O.W.L.'s with O's. I had decided to try to make my life a bit more challenging and have decided to take Advanced courses this year, hoping to learn something new. The number one goal this year was to find the Chamber of Secrets. It was my right to open the Chamber and release the beast within it. It was time to begin my journey of clearing out all of the mudbloods from Hogwarts, along with working towards my goal of immortality. Nothing will stop me

    A flash of purple fills my vision for a moment, and I sighed in annoyance. Vienna. I will admit that the violet-eyed girl had crossed my mind a few times this summer. Everything about her was...curious. The way she had entered Hogwarts was remarkable, but she was probably long gone by now, either dead from her injuries or back where she came from. It doesn't matter. I had more important things to worry about than some stupid girl. Turning away from the window, I made my way to my Hogwarts trunk. Having visited Diagon Alley a few days ago after receiving my stipend from Headmaster Dippett, I had already packed my new books and supplies away. Now the only thing left to do was wait.  One week left.