Prologue*

For Rick, who impacted my life so wonderfully, and who was taken away so cruelly and way too soon. Until we meet again.

    "And then he greeted Death as an old friend, and went with him gladly, and, equals, they departed  this life." -J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    The spell had been a blinding white light. It tore the ancient walls of the castle apart, throwing rock and fire throughout the corridor. I was propelled along with it, flying across the corridor like the rag doll I use to have when I was a child. My body hit the opposite wall, the sound of my body breaking and a distant buzzing was all that filled my ears. It was almost like slow motion. Time had seemed to stop. I was going to die here. I was going to die, because of a monster, who wanted to rule the world. I was going to die, in a place that was known for safety, a place that felt like home. I'm going to die. 

    Where was the life I was supposed to relive? Isn't that supposed to happen when you're dying? Isn't your life supposed to flash before your eyes? All I feel is anger, anger at him. The Dark Lord. Lord Voldemort. Why don't I feel the pain? I'm literally bleeding to death, and all I can feel is uncontrollable anger towards a monster that was once named Tom Riddle. The angry tears rolling down my cheeks makes me even angrier. Why was I crying?! I'm not a crier! 

    Slowly, my vision begins to dull, and the buzzing is getting louder. Finally, some peace and death. The thought of everyone that I've lost meeting me on the other side, brings a small smile to my face. My father and mother, hugging me and telling me how proud they are of me. That idiot Fred, winking at me while simultaneously turning my hair a weird and crazy color. Maybe it was possible to die happy. A distant sound rumbles in my ear. The castle being torn to bits probably. There it is again, louder, closer this time. Come on Vienna, die faster. Almost as if hearing my command, my vision goes black, and, what I can only assume is my body transcending into the afterlife, rises off the dirty and destroyed floor.