Thought Process*

This is not an update!

Hello everyone,

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for all the positive words for the revision of this book. You all are the best, and I love the feedback. Second, I'd like to take a brief pause to explain my thought process on Vienna's ancestry. I wanted Vienna to be of powerful magic, and to be both from good and evil. What better than way to do that then have her come from Merlin and Morgan le Fay themselves? A few months ago I watched the series Merlin, and I fell in love with the story line. After deciding to re-do this book, I wanted to incorporate the lore from both the Harry Potter series and the tales of Merlin and King Arthur. I took in many different facts from the lore of Morgan le Fay and Merlin, and kind of combined the different aspects together. 

In Thomas Malory's Le Morte d' Arthur and many other future versions, it was said that Morgan had many lovers due to her unhappy marriage, one of these lovers were Merlin himself. I decided to have that be the premise for Morgan's hate for Merlin. Concerning Mordred, in many Welsh texts, Mordred is known as the nephew of Arthur, (originally his true mother is Morgause) but I decided to change it to Morgan (who is Arthur's half-sister, sharing the same mother). So Mordred would still be Arthur's nephew. Mordred did have two sons, one named Melehan and the other is left unnamed, who are both eventually slain. Merlin's lore in Harry Potter still names Morgan le Fay as his greatest enemy, and Merlin eventually did create the Order of Merlin. Merlin was born into a druid lineage, giving him great power, and I decided Vienna's increasing magic has to do with her ties to Merlin. To explain why Vienna's magic is appearing now, is because she was the only one with the ties to the druid magic in her time (1998) due to her father being killed at a very young age. When she was sent back in time, she entered a time where her great-grandfather is alive and still performs this magic, which is why it begins to appear. The druid magic is also closely tied to nature, which is why Vienna can understand the Giant Squid.

Lastly, the reason I want Vienna to have powerful druid magic has to do with Tom himself, which will be explained in future chapters. Any more questions feel free to ask me! Also, pictured above is the Pendant that Vienna wears. 

Love,

Sam<3