I'll be your girlfriend

Today being Sunday,I have no where to go. I would've gone to mumsi's church but Khalifa is coming over.

I woke up this morning , did my morning ritual , I ate yam and fried egg. After eating, I brought out my Toshiba laptop to start working on it. I am an assistant editor in Genevieve Magazine. I was writing an article when I heard my doorbell ring. I checked the wall clock and saw it was 12:03. I placed the laptop on my bed, came out of my room and went to open the door.

I opened my door and saw Khalifa standing on my doorstep looking handsome as ever. A bright smile on his face. I smiled back at him

"Come in " I stepped aside for him to enter. When he did I closed the door. I turned back and saw him looking at me. I wanted to blush but I don't want him to see me blushing

"Hi" I mumbled keeping it short

"How are you?" he asked

"Fine.... Please have your seat" I pointed at the couch behind him.he sat comfortably. "What can I offer you"

"Don't worry i'm fine"

"OK, give me a sec please let me shut down my laptop, I'll be back" I went back to my room. Saved what I was doing and shut down my laptop. I carried my phone from the table stand and came back to the sitting room. Khalifa was pressing his phone when I came but as soon as he saw me he stopped.

I'm nervous. What has this guy done to me that I feel this way about him. Never in my life have I ever been nervous in front of a guy not even any of my exes. I'm always blunt. Never shy but with khalifa ,so many butterflies in my stomach. I have to tell him my answer now. I don't even know where to start from

When I came in, i sat on the three seater couch beside him. He kept looking at me . I tried to avoid his gaze by looking elsewhere. I can't just keep him waiting , I have to tell him now

"Huh, I called you to tell you my answer. I've thought about everything and I won't lie to you i'm nervous and scared about all this. There are many things we have to put in consideration here. First is distance. I live here in Lagos and you Abuja. The distance is A big problem and again like I told you my heart is too precious to be broken " he chuckled when I said that " am serious, I might look this tough, strong, lady on the outside but deep inside, I am still a lady. I cry when hurt. And I get shattered easily. I've never been heartbroken and I don't want to be. So please if you know you can't treat me right just let me be"
What a nice speech !

Throughout khalifa kept staring at me. He sighed when I finished. He stood up from his seat and moved to my side to sit beside me. He held both my hands. I kept trying to look away. He's just killing me softly

"Anu look at me" he said with those sweet voice and I did. I looked at him straight in the eyes

"I don't know what spell you cast on me for me to feel this way about you. I don't know what happened but ever since that day, I haven't stopped thinking about you. I don't say this often but I love you. I love you very much and I don't plan on hurting you. I want to do the opposite of that. I want to make you happy. To always see you smiling. I don't want to lose you. Not for any reason. Please just tell me you'll be my girlfriend. Please" he begged me with those pleading eyes.