Expectance

"Baby! Baby!!" I called out standing in front of the mirror in the closet checking myself out. I turned and saw Khalifa coming in pressing on his laptop.

"And why do you have your laptop with you"

"And why do you have your laptop with you".I asked getting irritated. "Because I am working" he replied without even looking at me.

"That's all you do work ,work ,and work and It is getting on my nerves seriously" I raised my voice slightly. He looks at me with a raised brow

"Where's all this coming from?"

"You don't ask me questions like that.you know what am talking about. I called you in here for a reason and you come in with a laptop. That shows the amount of love you have for me"

Khalifa sighed and placed his laptop on top of a shelve. He turns to me and folded his hands on his chest. "What is it? why did you call me?"

My face turned into a frown and I pout. "Look at how big I've become. These can't even size me anymore. Am increasing in weight and I don't like it"

"It's normal. You're gaining some weight because our baby Is growing inside of you. You have nothing to worry about"

"Of course I do. Soon my belly would be this  big. My curves would leave and then you'll lose interest in me because I won't be attractive anymore and you'll stop loving me" I became teary eyed .

He rolled his eyes and mumbled "not again" he thought I didn't hear but I heard him clearly. That triggered the tears that rolled down my eyes. He sighed and moved closer engulfing me in his arms.

"Habibty. You'd always look beautiful to me and I don't care about the curves, you're still sexy. You're the only woman I'm ever gonna be attracted to because I love you. I love you so much... now do stop crying. You don't want to hurt the baby,do you "I shook my head no. "Good, now wipe your tears."I did as I was told.

Sigh.... Pregnancy they say is indeed not an easy experience and I couldn't agree less. I don't even know where Anu has gone because am sure this is not me.

I get irritated easily.Any little thing, I'm all over the place and to talk about emotional..🙄 slightest things trigger my tears.and I complain a lot. I haven't even gotten to the second trimester, I'm like this. How do I behave for the next two trimesters. I really hope khalifa doesn't get tired of me because I'm tired of my self already.And the tiredness has reduced as times went . My appetite is back. Thank God cos I was tired of not eating.

I can still remember the day I informed khalifa I was pregnant. He was elated.
So,  we had just arrived from Lagos that morning. Khalifa Left for work. I was anxious ever since My Mom brought up her suspicious about me being pregnant. I went to the nearby store and bought a pregnancy test kit.

The test confirmed I was pregnant. I can't even find a description as to how I felt that day. I was happy,elated,confused,scared, anxious all at the same time. I didn't know what to do that moment. That moment I knew my life would never be the same again.

When Khalifa arrived. I didn't tell him anything, I placed the test on the counter in the bathroom for him to see himself and he did. He ran out and showed me. I confirmed the pregnancy to him. And he lost it. You would think he's a child who's eager to meet Santa. Ever since that day I turned to a new born in front of Khalifa who needs special care.

Motherhood and pregnancy is overwhelming. Lots of things are gonna change. A new member is about to b part of our little family. It wouldn't just be Khalifa and I anymore. I'm really happy and excited but at the same time, I'm scared.about labour and delivery. I have 0 tolerance for pain.  I don't even know what to do when that stage gets here. But for now, I would love to enjoy the experience.

***
"Habibty what are you doing for the day" Khalifa asked coming out of the bathroom. I brought my head up and my eyes landed on his  wet sexy hot body. He had just a towel tied around his waist. His six packs clearly visible. And that there turned me the fuck on. I bit my lips and my eyes roamed his body. Oh.how I feel like Devouring him right now.

Khalifa snapped his fingers bringing me out of my mini trance. I looked at him. He gave me a questioning look. He burst out laughing shaking his head "you're becoming too naughty"

"You taught me. Stop acting innocent. " He shook his head and turned to go back into the closet but I called him. He turns to me. " Uhm.. baby. Can you.. can we... Uhm. You know na... Just a quickie"I stuttered scratching my neck.

"No".

"Please daddy, just for five minutes"I pleaded. Heavens knows I'm horny right now and if khalifa does not answer me, am raping him .

"I said no. I have work to get to. And again  we did it last night. So stop it "

"That was last night. That one is dinner. This one breakfast. Oya na. Oya please, please na... See the way I'm even begging you for something that belongs to me"

He gave me this. Wtf look. "Oh really".

"Yes na. Everything in your body belongs to me and I have the right to take it anytime I like... I know you also want it stop pretending "

. "Anu. .."he sighed before laughing. I laughed also. "But you know you're becoming naughtier day by day. " He said coming towards me.

❣️❣️❣️
"Ore mi oloyun " Salamat teased as she came into my office. I passed her a bright smile. She sat on the sofa. I stood up from my desk and went towards her.

"How far" I asked. "I dey o my sister. I just came to take you out for lunch. These days now, we have to buy ticket before we see you ".

I laughed "Haba. Why say that.You know you can see me anytime you want "

"I'm just kidding. So how's ibeji"

"Ibeji keh. Abeg o. I don't have the strength for twins. This one sef ehn. Na God go help us...how's Abdul "

"He's with Aisha. They went out shopping".

"Ehn you say you wanted to take me to lunch. Oya I'm ready. "

"You and food ehn. Five and six. Sha do and let's go ". I stood up. Picked up my bag from my desk and headed out.

We just finished having lunch. We we're about to leave when I saw Khalifa's mom coming out of her car. My heart skipped a bit because I dont know how she'll react.

I went towards her. She was talking to a friend of hers. I salamed "Salamu alaikum" she stopped mid sentence and turned to me.she gave me a disgustful look with a head nod before walking out.

I held my eyes shut for a while trying to take in what had just happened. She just embarrassed me publicly.  Salamat came closer, wrapped her arms around me and led me to the car. I rested my head on the window as she drove.

We drove silently back to my shop. I went into my office. Slumped on the chair. Salmat sat beside me. She sighed.

"I though she would have changed you know. With you carrying her grandchild" she spoke.

" You know my main concern. I don't know what my offence is. I can't even think of any "

"Don't worry. All would be well inshallah.your husband loves you, that is the most important thing. Don't stress yourself " .