Who is Khalifa ?

We returned  home few hours ago.  Khalifa hasn't said anything since we left his sister's house.  We didn't even go out like he promised.  I guess the   fight he had with sister affected him badly

I'm still angry that he hid the fact that the richest man in Africa is related to him but I won't press that matter. He's worried  at the moment and I have  to be there for him. 

I just took a shower. I wore my pyjamas  before leaving the  bathroom.   I came out of the bathroom cleaning my face with a face cleanser. Khalifa sat on the bed deep in  his thoughts.

"Babe what's the matter" I asked walking towards the bed. He snapped out of his thought.

"Anu there's something I'd like to tell you” he spoke quietly. 

"Did you offend me?" I asked.

"Kind of" he muttered

"Did you cheat on me again"

"No"

"What is the problem then."

"Baby. I would like if you'd  allow me finish  with what I have to tell you before you react.  Promise me "  I stood beside the bed looking at everything he's doing.

"Ok”

"Sweetheart. My name is Ahmad Khalifa Muhammadan. My family are influential people in this country. My Paternal grandmother is from the Dantata family. My uncle, the one who's  picture you saw earlier is my dad's  cousin. My mom's family are the shagaris. My mom is the last daughter of Shehu shagari,Former president of the country. My dad was a businessman just like my uncle. He used to be the fourty- fifth richest in Africa as at the time of his death. When he died. He handed me his businesses. All of it. "

"I am so sorry I hid all of this from you. I realized my mistake when Ameera lashed out on me. She was angry I didn't tell you this. I'm sorry I his the truth from you" he looked at me waiting for me reaction.  He bit on his lips nervously 

Hearing all of this is hard for me. Finding out the man you call your boyfriend. The love of you life happens to be a business mogul,A young billionaire.

He's part of the family that ruled the whole country. He's the grandson of the former president of Nigeria. He's a part of the biggest families  in the country

I stared straight into khalifa's eyes. Why did he hide all of this from me?.

Why?

I sensed he was rich. A young bachelor doing okay but I never thought he was a mogul himself. I
..I. never expected this, I mean this is huge.

"Baby please say something" I broke out if my trance when I heard his voice.....

I turned around, tried to leave, I'm  trying to get away from all this. This is much for me to process. I was about to open the door when Khalifa ran in front of me.

"No..no..no..I won't allow you to stay quiet and not do anything. Shout, scream, hit me, punch me but please just don't stay quiet you know how much that hurts me"

"Why?" I said not louder than a whisper.

"I'm sorry. I was just being a jerk. I needed a woman that loves me and not my money. I am so sorry"

"And do I look like I give a fuck about your wealth! I am doing just fine on my own.....we have been together for over eight months and you're still not sure if I love you?  "

"I'm sorry.. I have no excuse but I know you're the one for me. I know it. I love you. I'm  sorry for hiding the truth. Please forgive me ” he held my hands

"I told you everything you needed to know about me. I explained my life to you. I showed you who I was. I love you wholeheartedly. But you hate me. You hate me for hiding such a big thing from me. So if your sister didn't force you to tell me, you won't?"

"I was being a jerk,  one thing  I know is I love you so much . I'm sorry. Just forgive me....please" he pulled me into a hug. I didn't fight it. I just placed my head on his chest. Listening to his heartbeat. Trying to absorb all I just heard. We allowed silence prevail.

**

Khalifa is somewhere around the house. I don't know where. I stayed in the room to watch a movie on Netflix.

I heard my phone ringing. I checked to see an unknown number. I answer the call hesitantly.

"Hello?"

"Hello. This is Ameera. Khalifa sent me your number"

"Oh good evening. How are you" I asked

"That question is not meant for me but you. Khalifa told me he explained everything to you so how do you feel about knowing who Khalifa really  is"

I sighed " I must confess, i'm still confused, its..  I just can't explain. I don't know why Khalifa hid the truth from me. I don't get why he doesnt trust me enough. Its just overwhelming"

"I know. Khalifa can be a fool sometimes but one thing I know is that he loves you. I just know it. He hasn't been like this to any woman. Just forgive him. I was also pissed when I found out he hasn't told you anything. But like I said he's still a baby that needs to be trained." I smiled.

"So have you forgiven him" she asked.

"What else can I do. I've forgiven him. What if he hadn't told me at all. I just hope he doesn't jeep me in the dark next time and he trust me enough  to open up to me"

"Awww you're such a darling. Thank you for your understanding.  And I'm sure he'll never  repeat such attitude, he learnt his lesson  already.  You have my number now,  call me if you need anything or if he should mess with you, I know how to handle him. Good night dear"

"Good night" she hung up.

I sighed loudly. I checked the time and saw it past 11. I stood up from the bed, left the room and began searching for khalifa. I met him in the living room watching a movie also.

"Its late, won't you come to bed" I said. Khalifa turned to me swiftly.

”i want to finish watching this episode"

"What's the title of the movie" I asked coming forward . he adjusted on the seat creating space for me to sit.

"Power" i sat beside him.

I rested my head on his shoulder. He kissed my temple and whispered " I'm sorry"

We stayed quietly and watched the movie.  I fell asleep on his shoulders.  When he finished way hing the movie, he carried me into the room and placed me on the bed.