Changes

I finished my last touch of make up and heaved a sigh.  Tonight is  Aazim's birthday dinner and of course I am invited. Salamat would literally kill me if I miss her husband's birthday dinner.

This is past six already and the party starts by seven. I really hope I don't get there late. I stood up , checked myself one last time in the mirror before getting my things  and heading out of the room.

"Wow wow wow!! Who's sexy mama is this " Balaraba complimented as soon as she saw me .  I couldn't help but smile.

She was in the living room with Sarah and the twins. She and Sarah were watching a soap opera while the twins sat on their play mat playing with their toys.

"How do I look ?" I asked

"You don't have to ask. You are beautiful.. no no. Gorgeous . No dazzling is the word. You look breath taking I haven't seen you like this in a long time " she went on and on. I have taken  Bala to be a younger sister I never had. She is not my maid but my sister. She has been with me through everything. She stayed with me through my toughest times and I appreciate her for that.

"Of course that's because I have no where to go.... Have you given them their medicines" I asked going towards the kids. I picked the both of them. It's amazing how I do that with no difficulty at ones. I love it when I have the both of them on my arms. It bring me the greatest joy ever.

Imran starts dragging my hair while his sister just stared at me . I guess she's also supised to see me like this. My babies are  growing so fast. They are six months already. It's crazy how time flies, they're not so little anymore.

"Yes ma. I gave them after I fed them. "

"Ok... Thank you.... Stop it papa "

"She keeps looking at you " Sarah stated laughing. We joined in. Including Imran. Even though he doesn't know why we are laughing, he joined because he saw us laughing.

"Okay, I have to go now... I'm late already. " I tried placing the back down but Iman isn't having it she held on my cloths tightly. I guess she can sense I'm about to go out. I  smiled.

Sarah collected her from me and she started crying until Bala brought ice cream to pacify her  . I sneeked out without her or her brother seeing me . When I got into the car , I texted Bala on what to do and for her to take care of my babies.  I smiled to myself before driving out.

And of course I got there late. As soon as I saw Salamat's face, I knew i was in big trouble.

"I'm sorry.. I'm sorry.. " I apologised as I approached her. She had a huge frown.

"This is past seven you know..."

"I know.. I'm so sorry. It was mama o .. she wouldn't let me go. She started crying . I had to sneek out. It's not my fault . Ma binu ore mi "

"I'll forgive you because of Iman then. Come let's go in, We are about to start."
I followed her in. We went into a private room where the party would take place.

"Where's Aazim .  Let me wish him a happy birthday first ". She searched around "over there... Come." We went to meet Azim who was talking to someone.

"Happy birthday Aazim " I stated when I got to him. He saw me and smiled.  The person he was talking to turned to me and it turns out to be the one and only khalifa.

I knew I was going to meet him here. Aazim is his  friend also. I have no problem being in the same room. We just go our separate ways. Mind our business for the night.  And hopefully Doyin doesn't cause any trouble because i know they are going to be together for sure.