Baecation

It's my birthday weekend and Khalifa planned a getaway . A baecation I would call. He claims I need enough rest since I've been stressing about Zahra's wedding

Preparation of Zahra's wedding ever since a date was picked. We settled our differences now we're best of pals. Zahra is a really nice person if understood and I'm glad we finally put all the bad blood behind us .

At was Ahmad was not willing to tell me where we were traveling to but I worked my magic and he finally spilled the tea that we were going to Santorini. I was super excited when he told me because I've never been to Greece. This would be my first time .

We had to drop the twins with my mom in Lagos along with Sarah and Balaraba. We would've left them with Mami but she was out of the Abuja presently. So we left the kids with my mom in Lagos before travelling .

Of course it was not easy leaving my babies. This is the first time I'll be without them for more than 24 hours. I almost cried. Iman sensed something was wrong.she cried and didn't let me go. I had to strap her to my back and rocked her until she fell asleep. We almost missed our flight.

We just arrived Santorini. And to be be very honest i was a long trip. The very first thing we did was head to our hotel where we rested for the rest of the day.

We got dressed at night and went out to grab dinner. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant. After dinner, we returned to our hotel room, I FaceTime Balaraba and asked how things were. She informed that the twins were asleep already. I spoke to my mom also and she assured that everything was okay.

The next day after breakfast, Khalifa and I took a tour around the whole of Santorini. Our tour guide drove us through Fira and Oia, we visited the ancient Akrotiri and Pygros. We also went jet skying which I promise myself never to do again. We took lots of pictures and learned more about the city. We had dinner at the Athenian house.

My birthday which was on Friday, Khalifa brought me breakfast on bed

My birthday which was on Friday, Khalifa brought me breakfast on bed. I don't even know how he organised that but it was so cute. He sang me a song . He FaceTime my mom who also wished me a happy birthday. I saw my kids and I couldn't be happier. It was so beautiful. After breakfast. We head out. We went on wine tour which is actually very nice. We had some wines that tasted very nice. Khalifa even bought some. We went on a boat cruise also. We also had a private sightseeing tour. We returned to the hotel and got dressed for dinner. This time a formal dinner.

We ate at a restaurant that was by the shore. Khalifa went as far as hiring a musician who sang me a happy birthday song and some of my favorite songs. He sang so beautifully. I was just smiling all through. Khalifa requested for a dance which I agreed to. We danced together while songs were being played. I couldn't contain my joy. That night, I showered my husband with kisses. He went beyond my expectations for my birthday and he deserved more.

Our last day in Santorini. We hiked the volcano,swam in the hot springs, visited Thirassia . We stopped at Red Beach and White Beach to swim and snorkel, we had eat lunch/dinner on board, and watch the sunset below Oia. We had pizza as we watched the sunset which was a very beautiful sight. I am more of a sunset person while Khalifa loves sunrise but he found it amusing.