Planning my wedding

Its official!!

I'll be getting married to the love of my life in few months. I am so happy. Finally, I get to marry the man of my dream, the love of my life, my best friend. Khalifa is the best man I ever known. He's everything I've ever wanted, everything I've ever dreamed of.

Planning my wedding has not been easy for me. I had to quit my job, I just needed to focus on planning my wedding. I put all my energy on that.
It really is not easy, I have lots of ceremonies to plan for. I have my Yoruba engagement, kamu ceremony, Nikkai, wedding dinner and my white wedding. Khalifa's mom insisted that at least we had one ceremony in Abuja, so my white wedding would be done in Abuja while the rest would take place in Lagos.

Of course I know I can't do this all by myself. I have the help of my sisters in law and my family also. Still we can't do everything by ourselves. The catering, the decorations, the cakes and all of that. My wedding is going to be Top notch. I'm marrying into one of the most influential family in the country so everything has to be Top notch.

I travelled to the states recently to shop for my wedding. Nabilah, Khalifa's sister came with me. She schools in Florida so she was with me throughout. Nabilah is Zarah's immediate sister. I met her once prior to my arrival in Florida. Khalifa introduced us over the phone and she was so nice to me. She's also cool like her elder sisters. We met for the first time during one of her short visits to Nigeria, we had dinner and vibed really well. When I informed her I would be coming to the states, she was elevated. She picked me up at the airport and was with me throughout my stay . I lodged in a hotel, she spends most of her days with me. She helped me alot during my stay there.

While in Florida, I shopped for my new home. I mean of course,after the wedding I move in with Khalifa, so its going to be my new home. I shopped in Home goods. I made sure to get everything i know I was going to need, the essentials

I also got my fabrics over there. Most of the fabrics I'll be using for the events, I made sure to get it. I found this nice store in Miami, Rex fabrics and I loved all of their designs. I had a tough time choosing, everything was beautiful.

I found this beautiful store in Miami also, The Bridal project. Initially, I wanted my wedding dress designed in Nigeria but then I found breathtaking bridal designs and I couldnt resist. Everything was magnificent. I found the perfect design and I fell in love completely. It would be delivered to Nigeria months later.

Nabilah was also a good hostess, she treated me so well in Miami. She took me to places, she's so fun to be with . I made sure to get lots of body treatments during my stay. I enjoyed my stay there to be honest.

With everything going on, I haven't seen Khalifa for over a month. He was busy with work and I have not been chanced to travel down to Abuja. I have things to do in Abuja also. The pre wedding photo shoot would take place in Abuja, I have to meet with one of my events Planner, I also have to meet with one of my designers.

Khalifa picked me up from the airport . As soon as he saw me, he pulled me into a tight hug telling me how much he missed me. I miss him too. We grabbed lunch before heading home. We stayed in for the rest of the day. We watched a movie together, we ordered pizza for dinner before going to bed.

The next day, Khalifa left for work very early. After performing my morning ritual and having breakfast. I got dressed ready to leave. I drove in Khalifa's Range rover. Whenever I'm in Abuja, I mostly drive his cars. I drove down to Wuse, I was meeting with one of my designers Huddaya of Huddaya couture. I saw her designs on the internet and it was beautiful. I liked them a lot.

I got to her office, we exchanged pleasentries before we started talking about business. I told her whar I wanted and she asked that I put my trust in her that she's ready to go being my expectations. After my meeting with her, I grabbed lunch with Salamat and we had a girls day out.