Signs.

I felt Khalifa's lips on my cheek.i stuttered my eyes open. He was smiling down at me.

"Good morning baby" he Said.

"Morning. What says the time " I asked with my sleepy voice.

"This is past 8" I yawned. "I slept this late. Lemme prepare you something to eat" I tried to get up but he placed his hands on my shoulder. "Go back to sleep. You're not feeling too well " I nod and yawn again. He palnted a kiss on my lips. "Sleep,I'll be back early today ".

I rested my head back on the pillow. He covered me properly with the blanket,he kissed me on my forehead one last time before leaving.

💖

I rested my head on the pillow as I sat on the couch. I closed my eyes lightly. The TV is on but my attention is far from there.

I haven't been feeling too well since yesterday. It's not like I'm sick or anything but I'm just tired. I slept all through. I tried to get something to eat but I lost all appetite.

The door bell rung, I stood up and sluggishly walked to open the door. I met salamat at the entrance.

"How are you feeling now" was the first thing she asked she called earlier and noticed how I was talking then asked what was up and I told her.

I nod slightly and stepped out of the way for her to come in. She did and I closed the door.

"Pele. Have you eaten ?" She asked as we took our seat. I shook my head  "E bi o pa mi "

"Since morning, no o you have to eat. This is past 1. Kiloma je? " she asked.

"I don't know. I lost all appetite" I rested my head back on the couch.

"Don't worry we'll find it. Let me enter the kitchen and find you something to eat. What do you have at home"

"If you get to the pantry you'll see" she stood up and went into the kitchen, I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.

*
"Anu oya come and eat" I opened my eyes and saw Salamat placing a tray of food in front of me. I ate slowly. Pushing it down my throat. I had like five to six bites when I couldn't take no more.

I placed the tray on the side table and took out of the fruit juice. I rested my back.

"Thanks babe. I forgot to ask sef. Where's Abdul "

"He's with umma. I dropped him off this morning " she replied resting her back also.

"You should have brought him with you "

"No o Abeg that boy is trouble. I need some free time also. " I smiled.

"How's your new shop abi office which one do we call it. How's it coming up ".

"Everything is set. The official opening is in two weeks. I told you right " she nods. "Yes you did. "

I could feel my stomach unsettling. I felt something trying to come up. I held my hands to my mouth as I ran into the visitors toilet. I went to the sink and threw up all I just ate. Every bit of it. I felt salamat hands on my back.

I turned on the tap and washed my mouth then my face. I stood and rested my head on the wall. My head is spinning.

"Pele. How are you feeling now " she asked

"Dizzy" I managed to utter.

"Pele. Shey you'll take malt and milk. The way we used to do it those days. " I tried to smile. When we still used to live together. Malt and milk used to be our own medicine. We believe it supplies blood to the body.