Kamu

The Kamu ceremony is today.  This time, I am nervous.  I get to meet Khalifa's  family.  I mean not just his mom and siblings.  His extended family.  I'm also not really familiar with the culture, just what was explained to me so I don't know how to act.

I watched how my friends were getting dressed.  They looks beautiful in their outfits also. We all slap in my apartment at Ikoyi, my bachelorette  was last night  and it was fun!

I already wore my  Attire. A peach three piece  Fulani maid milk dress.  It was designed by Deola sagoe. This is also part of her Komole collection. Damola  fixed my make up. It was nothing heavy,just a moderate make up.

The driver arrived and I announced  it was time to leave.  I got into the car.  Salamat, her son, my two cousins rode with me.  Most of my friends  have their own car but the one the doesn't would ride along. 

The ceremony would be taken place in an open field.  I wanted this to be Epic.  I wanted the real Hausa/Fulani culture and what I saw exceeded my expectations.  

I waited in the car with Morire and Abdul, I got a call from Khalifa, we spoke briefly and I filled him in on what was up.  He told me he would be here soon. He end the calls after saying I love you. 

Aunty Funke knocked on the glasses, I rolled the glass down

"How are you?" She asked

"I'm  fine "

"The aunties  are here already, you'll have to go in before your husband.  Look right there" she pointed at a horse standing not to far away. 
"You're going to ride that, the guys would help you  out " I frowned

"What if I fall" she laughed.

"Your husband's  family is there and I'm sure you don't want to embarrass  yourself.  That's why those guys are here, they are to guide you "

"I would ask them to come over here now, they'll  place you on the horse and help you with it.  You're going in now "  she left.

Morire collected Abdul from me.  I told her she was to hold him throughout the ceremony as Salamat may be busy.  Salamat returned,  I told her not to worry that Morire would  hold Abdul. She said okay, kissed the boy and went back to the girls.

A guy pulled the horse towards me. They stopped when they got to the car
I opened the door. The guy carried me and helped me get up that horse

"Cover your face" Aunty funke said. I pulled the veil and covered my face. I couldn't see anything but the ground. I felt the horse moving slowly.

My hear beating as if its about to pull out my chest.  I'm so nervous about meeting Khalifa's family. I just hope they accept me.

The horse Halted and the same guy helped me get down. I felt someone hold me and guide me.  All i  would see was the ground.  The person led me and I saw I was now stepping on mats.  I was led to a couch.  The person helped me as i sat on a couch.