Motherhood

months later

Guess who's going to be three month old this weekend

Yeepee the twins.

Three months and my life has changed drastically. Motherhood is indeed a whole world on it's own. A journey where you realize your life literally isn't yours anymore. When you get to live for someone else, where someone else's interest and satisfaction comes first.

The twins are the best achievement of my life, they are everything I wanted and more . They are beautiful, loveable, adorable, cute.. they are perfect to me. I love them both with everything in me.

And today,the twins are having their photoshoot to celebrate their three months birthday. I've been doing this since they were born. I take pictures of them frequently I have a whole album of them. , I just want to keep all the memories of them.

"Bala is not back yet?" I asked my new maid Sarah. I got a new maid when the stress was too much. Bala started a classes in a colleges of education so she has been busy most of the days. I needed a helping hand so I hired Sarah

"No ma, but the photographer is in the parlour ma"

" Oh, tell him to come up into the nursery, that's where we are taking the pictures"

"Okay ma"

..
..
....

It wasn't easy as always trying to get two ujtoddlers to get the perfect picture position but we tried and worked with the ones we got.

The photographer left already and promised to send the pictures to me. Iman fell asleep as soon as the shoot ended but her brother Imran is still wide awake. For him not to disturb his sister, I brought him to the living room with me while his sister stayed in the nursery. The baby monitor is on just in case she wakes up.

For the fact that they're almost three months, I've been trying to train them how to sit, not entirely to sit but I place them on a couch and support them with lots of pillows to prevent them from falling.

I placed Imran on the couch and he played in his own world while I worked on my laptop. I still haven't returned to work. All my work I do from home. It has almost been a year now since I've been to work.

The baby monitor sounded which tells that Iman is awake.

"Sarah! " I called. She came out. " Please watch over Imran while I breastfeed his sister" she nodded yes ma.

I went into the nursery, picked up my boo boo bear , she was crying so loudly and I know what that meant , I sat on the chair and breastfed her to her satisfaction before changing her diaper and changing her clothes.

We then headed back to the living room but on getting there, I met the greatest shock of my life.

This cannot be happening. What in the name am I seeing. I ran towards her and collected my son from her. The way in which I collected Imran scared him making him to cry.

"Sarah!!!" I called. She stood up when she saw I was in front of her . Sarah ran out from the kitchen.

"Sarah... How did this woman get in here and why did you give my son to her. Is that what I asked you to do !!'"

I yelled causing both the twins to cry out. The anger I feel right now is out of this world. I tried to rock them a bit but it wasn't working, I was still boiling

"Calm down" she tried to talk.

"Doyin don't you even dare!... Sarah I asked you a question !!"

"S..sorry sorry ma.. she and daddy came in together. Daddy asked me to serve her something to drink that was what I went to get "

" What daddy"

"Your husband"

"My husband is here ?" She nodded frantically.

"Anu you don't have to shout at the poor girl, she was just following my baby's order , and I was just playing with my stepson "

"Listen to me you bitch... Don't you ever ... I repeat in you life, till you die. Don't ever come near me or my kids . Don't touch my children, don't come to my house. Doyin I am warning you. Am not joking with you. Leave me and my family alone. What more do you want. "

"What is causing all this noise..." Armed said as he descended the stairs.

"Sarah .. take them upstairs. Try to calm them down till I get there" I handed the twins to her. She turned to leave when she got to khalifa, he kissed the twins in their forehead before she went up the stairs.

"Why the noise... Habibty?" He turned to Doyin

" Just because I carried one of the twins she started yelling at me " Doyin explained. He turned to me.

"Anu are we seriously doing this right now. Like for real "

"Hey!, don't even start with me with all that nonsense Mr. Lover boy. For the fact that you brought her into my house, is very disrespectful. What right or guts does she have to touch my son. "

"She was just trying to be nice. She saw the boy for the first time and what is the big deal if she decides to play with a baby. My own son for that matter"

" I don't want that, I don't want her near me or my children isn't that clear enough. I told you once didn't I. Don't bring her near me ever again I don't want to see her, i don't want her around my family"

"But do you keep forgetting those kids are mines as well. And Doyin is my fiance. I also have the rights to decide who and who not can come around my kids"

"Wow... Hmm. Your kids. Well I am not denying that fact but can you please remind me the day you probably sang the a lullaby or the day you put them to sleep or the day you changed their diapers . Do you even know what they eat. ,What they wear, what they like... Ahmad the twins would be three months this weekend yet they do not recognize you as a father so what rights are you talking about. What kind of a man are you.... Huh... You were never their throughout pregnancy even after they were born you still aren't there so what are you saying. What's the difference between you and a deadbeat excuse of a father"

"Anu!!" Ahmed raised his hands , on me about to slap me . He held his hands tight and punched the wall "Baby " Doyin called out and held him. He shook his head, Chuckled lightly and turned back to me

"I know your problem and I promise you I would not make you tempt me . You're just jealous, you're jealous I chose your friend over you. you're jealous I love her more than I would ever love you. And you know what... I wished it was her I married instead of you. "

He broke my heart into a million pieces. I used the last ounce of strength in me not to cry. I refuse to break down in front of them . I Chuckled lightly and turned to the stairways. I climbed up the stairs and went into my children's nursery. I broke down miserable as soon as I got in there. I didn't even care if Sarah saw me cry. I was hurting beyond measure.

I cried like there was no tomorrow... he has broken me with just his words. Why does he keep doing this to me. Why does he keep hurting me this much. What have i done to offend him for him to treat me this way... what can i do?... what should i do?