The Crew

I froze, stunned and lost in his world of attractiveness.This man is Derek. My eyes went side to side again.My body swayed trying to act normal but I couldn't.My brain and body we're not working with each other.Derek's beauty with the fact that he is a kind man,strong and knows how to move a girl made him more perfect to me.His comments always giving me goose bumps.After what  I did to him, ignoring him, leaving without telling, he is still talking to me.Man, Derek is just... wow.

"I think what she means to say is 'yes'",said Sam gradually making me understand the fact that I should say something."Uhm,yes, ofcourse,hell yeah,I mean why not,how dare I even say no,in fact your the boss,I mean like your 'the boss'like 'the man' not the boss of the team,not that you can't be but I am already the boss,not that I am sellfish.....",I kept chatting away."Shut up", Samantha raised.Sam nodded confused agreeing with Samantha.Cause stood confused and glad I was embarrassing myself talking the language of stupid.

Derek just smiled and shook his head like 'thats my Miranda'.Sam gave him a number, address and time."I know so much about this town,you guys go home and we'll continue tomorrow, right?",he suggested.We agreed with the plan.He then left and my spirit came back.I was so shy but steady. "Why is Derek not at the morning exercise thing?",I said aloud. But we left that out and headed for a cab.

As it was perfectly time for us to get back from school and our bus is almost stopping at the stop we gathered.Immediately when our cab approached the bus stop,we hoped off and entered the bus which took us home.We tried opening the door, ringing the bell and knocking on the door but no one answered.We used the spare key and got in.The phone rang like opening the door was the key to making the phone ring.I went to answer the phone.Cause headed to the kitchen.Samantha upstairs and Sam to the television.

"Hello",I spoke in the phone."Who is this?",I continued."This is Samantha's mom,Sarah dear is that you, Samantha has said she will be staying over at your house for the weekend but its Monday and she isn't back,I mean how long is it from your house to ours,did she go to school....",a worried mother kept babbling.But it sounded like Samantha lied, something I am not an expert at so I caught myself holding the phone but saying nothing.

"Mom I am fine", Samantha answered through the phone upstairs.So I let out a calm sigh."Did you go to school and don't lie because I have received a call saying you didn't",the mom replied."Ofcourse not because I am sick", Samantha answered.Liar I thought in my head."Oh honey,let me come visit", mommy jumped."No no no...", Samantha quickly reacted."I am fine,Mr and Mrs Stallion are taking good care of me",she added."Oh okay,honey...", Samantha's mother went on but"Mom trust me", Samantha paused her mother."Ok get well soon,bye", Samantha's mom concluded the conversation.

As the three way line conversation was complete,"hang up the line stupid", Samantha  sprang.How dare she I thought.I flew upstairs and gave her a piece of my mind.She stood there ignoring me and taking no considerations that I was even there.After I was done," what did you say to Sammy's mother!,I bet you lied hard but you couldn't for me", Samantha explained."You think that's it,I just simply can't lie",I explained Samantha nodded sarcastically. "Look,Sam doesn't even have parents.I mean she does but she doesn't know them.She lives alone in harsh conditions.She had to build a life of her own on her own .You don't know what she's been through so you know what,you think what you want to think",I finished up and left downstairs giving her something to reflect upon.

"Thanks Miranda,you dont know how long it's been since I've been yearning to watch this show,it's my favorite",Sam told me."I am glad your my friend",I responded.She then looked at me and we exchanged a smile.

Ding dong!the bell went and I headed to open it.Its mom and dad.When I saw my dad ,I came to the question, why did dad not say anything of our guests and the extent of there days? I know it's against the law but dad doesn't know we know.Maybe he chose to ignore the conversation since we never brought it up.And so did mom.

"I am so hungry",mom went as she came in the door."I will cook up something",dad said.Dad is always the chef of the house,the professional,the food he establishes smells good from kilometers away.We ate together at the dining table and by 9:00pm it was time to go to bed for school.

In the morning,we pretended to leave for school,dad went out for morning exercises and work.While mom took Franky to the daycare and out for some alone time.That left Sam and Samantha in the house.After a few,Cause and I came back in the house.Today the plan was to set up the parlour for the crew.Oh dear God Derek is coming.

The bell rang so Sam went to get it.It was someone she didnt know. "Miranda visitor",she yelled out.I came to the door and Sam vanished else well."Is that you,Myran,Myran the betrayer,Myran the ....",I stormed."Look I am sorry but what would happen if I was seen too,your friend and I...",he began to clarify."He is my brother",I interrupted."Oh, okay,well can I come in?",Myran asked."Yeah sure,come in",I replied

I introduced him to part of the crew and the next bell rang.I went back irritated.It was till I opened the door I realized it was probably a bad idea to be the one inviting Derek inside because of how moments go when I am around him.But I suprisingly invited him inside like the normal person.

Derek exchanged greetings with the remaining crew even Myran.Guess they knew each other."You want to help us execute your..."before Myran can continue Derek stopped him.It feels like Derek is hiding something. But at least the crew is set.The plan, well that is yet to come.