The Refreshment

"Mom,dad...",I went.I kept fidgeting in my words to change what I believe they heard.But I just disposed myself as a fool.

"So its true,my eighteen years of a child is becoming a murderer",mom said as she has awoken from bed although I doubted if she was ever asleep.Dad it's not like that,I said. "Then what is it like?, "he asked.I couldn't explain."Yes,that's what I thought",he responded."I am so disappointed young lady, room now", they both went in unison and anger.I have never seen them so mad and disheartened.I can see the disappointed seeping from their skin.I am sure Derek could too.

I obeyed their orders because I do not know what they are capable of doing in this state of thiers. I took the first step with my head bowed down in guilt as I heard my parents roar with laughter.I became confused and spun round looking at them.I thought they acted like that because something screwed out of thier heads as a result of my actions."Did you think we did not know?",dad asked."I mean you don't really keep your diary safe",mom added."That is private",I blushed because I knew Derek is a part of my diary.

"So how can we help?",dad asked."No apology, nothing and you offer help,so like you.",mum jumped attacking dad."She is our daughter for God sake",he said putting his hand on his forehead,massaging to relax himself."Guess there was no point to going out or even leaving right now,right?", Derek asked."The execution plan is great,deathly but great,out in the field yesterday alone she got several men buried, stripped, yanked,call it whatever you want but it was really ugly",said Dad.

I have read her history and from what I saw,death is the only solution, continued Dad."We are being bad parents,aren't we? Miranda",said Dad.I chuckled."So guess now we are one full team",said Mom and "you could do better" she whispered to me in a soft voice while pointing indirectly at Dereck as she passed by the staircase.I sank my head down because nothing was ever good with Mom.She is unimpressable.Dad tagged me on the shoulder and made a 'he is perfect sign' with his hand,his thumb and index fingers shaped like a circle while the remaining fingers stood up,he winked and smiled as he went upstairs.I smiled back.I bet he went to release the tension of Mom,I thought.But that tension is unremovable because Dad has stayed with the devil for too long.

You may as well come in I said to Derek.He smiled and shut the door behind him."So your parents there...", Derek said trying to stir up a conversation.But he could not continue with any good words as he kept saying uhm Uhm to find something suitable to say to a persons father and mother.Dont beat yourself I said.I know what my parents are like."No I mean....",went Derek terminated again."Sorry",he said.About what I asked."Everything so far.I mean you just moved and all this,it will get you adventurous cause you sure need that but it seems like burden.And your parents.... you guys are all stressed,I bet', Dereck said.I waved my hand,snapping my wrist in a'its nothing'type of way,like it's no big deal.We kept speaking to each other moving forward till we got so close to each other."So you have a diary", Derek asked.Yeah!it's nothing I said shaking my head.We stood close awkwardly ,I think we were about to....."I am going to go get drinks",I said freaked and hurried through the kitchen door leaving Derek in the parlour.

You were watching weren't you?,I confronted Sam as she came through the kitchen door."Ofcourse I was,how could you even ask,you know me better than anyone",Sam replied.As I stood by the counter humiliated while making lemonade I felt a flick on my head.Did you flick me?,I raised towards Sam."Why didn't you kiss him?",Sam went on.I..I..I don't know I said stammering,he is the first guy and I haven't brushed and ....",I created excuses."These all sound like excuses to me", said Sam.I took my lips to the side and looked at Sam trying to analyze her words.

"At least there's no school",Sam revealed to me and I asked how she knew.She chucked,I heard your parents.You mean you eavesdropped on my parents I said correcting her and my best friend and I roared with laughter."Well I will go call Myran so we can get the meeting started and you finish those refreshments and snack",said Sam.What snack I asked.The one your about to make, she smiled and headed out the kitchen.